Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I am not being a git, but I think I would be the same as BOF, I really dont like reggae at all, outside of maybe one Dillinger album and Lion Rock by Culture, I couldnt work in a place that played reggae all the time, as for bob marley, one chord of his stuff and I would be gone.

it takes all sorts I guess and in that I have real dislikes, I can understand it not being for everyone

I really really don't like that sanitised 'pop' reggae of UB40, The Police, Eddie Grant et al. I couldn't work in 'that' bar.

But from memory, the last 6 or 7 'new' albums I've bought have all been heavy 1970's dub albums. That stuff I find addictive. The 'fairly obscure' cd that dAVe80 sent out - that's found a permanent place in the car CD player.

My missus is not a fan.

• Like 1

The Harder They Come soundtrack album, once every couple of years is highly enjoyable. Beyond that, no reggae for me, thanks.

Edited by mjmooney

Yeah I've never really been a fan of it either. I don't mind the odd song, but it kind of sounds a bit samey to me. It's just not really my thing I suppose.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems that a lot of people around my sort of age (white guys and girls around their mid 20s to early 30s) have really hopped on the reggae bandwagon now, like it's cool and hipster-esque to go against all modern pop and r'n'b (which I don't entirely disagree with) and claim that they listen to all this amazing reggae because they're so damn alternative and mellow.

Pretty much this guy, though not quite so extreme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcK0MYgnHjo

Edited by Ginko

If my place of work played reggae all day I'd have to hand in my notice and I'm not even trying to be funny. I would become psychotic in a short period of time.

The other stuff he plays is The Eagles, Steely Dan, etc. so reggae FTW

• Like 1

If my place of work played reggae all day I'd have to hand in my notice and I'm not even trying to be funny. I would become psychotic in a short period of time.

I've been to Jamaica and its literally all they play. I went through the entire range of the radio in the room and it was reggae on every station. All day everyday reggae. I don't mind a bit of Bob Marley, but seriously, it was a bit much.

Fa cup coverage on bbc - Rachel Riley looks cock stiffeningly nice

I'd do a lot of nasty things to her and she looks like the sort of slut that'd love it.
You can tell just by looking at her that she'd swallow the lot.
  • Like 2

For me, reggae is as varied as rock music. Most of it sucks, just like most rock music sucks. But if you parse through all the crap and only play the gems, which my boss has a good ear for, it makes for great listening. 

The other stuff he plays is The Eagles, Steely Dan, etc. so reggae FTW
I like The Eagles and Steely Dan. I'd probably like etc. Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 4

I feel like I should add something to this Reggae chat, but I'm still on a bit of a downer from the weekend. All I'll say is, it's one of my favourite kinds of music, but I couldn't listen to it all of the time. Just about 10 to 15 hours a day is enough.  ;)

Oh and I ******* hate the Eagles, man. 

• Like 2

i had a few beers yesterday and managed to stay off the other stuff. infact its the first time in years ive drank heavily and not touched any, had a good 10 pints or so and a few jagers so i done well. felt like i was missing something and did not feel right but i woke up feeling better and if im honest its made me realise a bit more that im not really into get pissed anymore.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â