Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Slippers every year off the mother in law. I've got a feeling she's being knowingly ironic in her adoption of the stereotypical mother in law persona.

The other thing she does is express surprise every other Sunday when she comes around ours for lunch and I'm cooking it. 'Don't burn it like a typical man!' she says, and we all chuckle. Ten years she's been saying that.

Ten **** years. 

• Like 3

Slippers every year off the mother in law. I've got a feeling she's being knowingly ironic in her adoption of the stereotypical mother in law persona.

The other thing she does is express surprise every other Sunday when she comes around ours for lunch and I'm cooking it. 'Don't burn it like a typical man!' she says, and we all chuckle. Ten years she's been saying that.

Ten **** years.

Maybe you should stop burning it then.

• Like 2

Ten **** years. 

Very funny post. I think we should all have The Ironic Mother-In-Law.

"Are you getting fat? And lazy? Hahaha. Just joking!"

I made myself laugh by imagining a religious person driving to work tomorrow, listening to Carmina Burana and not knowing about the solar eclipse and the ensuing panic it could potentially cause.

LOL WEIRD.

In a previous job, I was talking to a customer on the phone, and reminded them to make sure to give us a call back at the end of their trial period, if they weren't happy with our service etc. Without any hint of it being a joke, he told me that he wasn't bothered about that, as he believed the Rapture would happen way before he needed to call back, and he'd be taken up to Heaven.  

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

Tends to be in flight socks rather than slippers these days , other than putting them on my ears to do amusing dog impressions to embarrass the kids during a flight , I've yet to find a good use for them though

A good old fashioned powercut [emoji1]

I always feel dumb in a powercut.

"Oh, can't watch TV. No worries, I'll play playst..oh of course. I guess I'll read a book then. Oh right yeah, no light. I'll just make myself a cup of tea until the..oh FFS"

• Like 4

"Oh, can't watch TV. No worries, I'll play playst..oh of course. I guess I'll read a book then. Oh right yeah, no light. I'll just make myself a cup of tea until the..oh FFS"

Pub it is then...

• Like 2

says the man who's a known lift menace

'I honestly thought I was pulling the emergency handle, Officer. Then the lights came on and we were both naked.'

• Like 3

Today, a vulnerable young lady with mental health issues threw her new born baby out of a fifth story window and I caught him. Simple as that. Crying but safe in the palm of my hand. All sorts could have happened but it didn't, I caught him and now he's safe and hopefully she is too. Life is strange.

Wow! That's pretty amazing, well done mate! 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â