Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

It was Marden, Kent. One of those awesome finds where the churchyard was the right age and the orientation of the stones put the engraving away from the prevailing winds - got some really good (as in naive) skull carving, like a bad line drawing, but carved in stone over 300 years ago.

I posted this in the pre match Olbyun thread. First time I watched, I think I'd just been cutting up some onions, or I got some dust in my eye or something. When people ask why Villa? This! "The wonderful, the magnificent, Aston Villa"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTlojxWL-vE

Just watched that, with a massive silly grin on my face through out. Lovely stuff. Gotta love Fabian! 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

What's the maximum age to be mascot?

Please let it be somewhere north of 50, please....

...except of course I just know I'd cry as that music fired up and the crowd roars. How the players don't crumble I can't imagine. I'd struggle to hold it together.

• Like 2

The Times naming Moseley the best place in the UK for city living.

I spend 50% of my time in Moseley as I work there. It's decidedly meh. I'd say harborne is better, has better shops/pubs and is far less pretentious and smug.

Edited by Ingram85

I spend 50% of my time in Moseley as I work there. It's decidedly meh. I'd say harborne is better, has better shops/pubs and is far less pretentious and smug.

I used to go out in Moseley a lot when I was a spritely young twenty something. It was ok, never thought it was anything special. 

I like Harborne. I don't agree with Moseley being pretentious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTlojxWL-vE

Ah, that takes me back to the time I was a mascot against Hull in 1999... except I got to have a kick around with the players for a while which was awesome. Collymore said I had a great left foot and Gary Charles agreed :)

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â