Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

This could go in the "Things that make you wonder" tread too, but it made me smile thinking about it , so it's going here...

My mate text me last night saying he couldn't get tickets to watch 2001 A Space Odyssey, as the website was saying there were no tickets left. I checked this morning, and it says there was a glitch on the system. This made me wonder if the system was run by HAL 9000...

"I wan't to buy tickets for the film tonight"

"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't let you do that"

Did you sort out your HAL 9000 problems? I watched it today and it's spectacular in the cinema.

Ended up getting tickets for Monday instead. There was a Q&A on tonight with someone or other, after the film, so it sold out. 

There was an intermission in the screening I went to. I haven't seen that since I was a kid.

• Like 2

had a couple of bible bashers at the door today, my missus was at work so i had the kids but i gave them a minute of my time. i said i did not believe in a god but did not look down on people who did believe, anyway im standing at the door with no top on and he starts admiring my tattoos and saying he loved them haha. i told them i had to go because i was busy and they asked if they could call back another time so i said yeah sure my missus would love that, told them to pop back during the day in the week when im at work and the missus is at home  :D

had a couple of bible bashers at the door today, my missus was at work so i had the kids but i gave them a minute of my time. i said i did not believe in a god but did not look down on people who did believe, anyway im standing at the door with no top on and he starts admiring my tattoos and saying he loved them haha. i told them i had to go because i was busy and they asked if they could call back another time so i said yeah sure my missus would love that, told them to pop back during the day in the week when im at work and the missus is at home  :D

Sounds like he wanted to DYUTWU. Possibly while you're dressed like Jesus. 

• Like 1

Sounds like he wanted to DYUTWU. Possibly while you're dressed like Jesus but with an Ozzy wig on and a dead bloody bat hanging from your gob

• Like 1

they gave me a booklet a few pages long and i actually looked through it but yeah it was bullshit. everything is so commercial these days, instead of looking at old biblical pictures there was a montage of this man dressed up in a suit and tie in a city centre who had finally found god and the rest is history as they say.

The Cerys Matthews interview with Woody Woodmansy on BBC R6 just now. An absolute delight. How somebody that was in the Spiders behind Bowie can be quite so grounded is just excellent. Not a bad word to say about anyone.

When rounding up the interview Cerys asked what he had coming up - which is the standard opportunity to plug your next collaboration / gig / release. Woody's answer?

My son is getting married and I'm trying to help but apparently I know nothing about colours, and I've had to go to Debenhams for a suit fitting and those cubicles get me all flustered. 

• Like 2

The Cerys Matthews interview with Woody Woodmansy on BBC R6 just now. An absolute delight. How somebody that was in the Spiders behind Bowie can be quite so grounded is just excellent. Not a bad word to say about anyone.

When rounding up the interview Cerys asked what he had coming up - which is the standard opportunity to plug your next collaboration / gig / release. Woody's answer?

My son is getting married and I'm trying to help but apparently I know nothing about colours, and I've had to go to Debenhams for a suit fitting and those cubicles get me all flustered.

It's a weekly treat, that programme. Kippers, fired egg, tomatoes, bread, mug of tea and 6Music on a sunday morning is my weekly routine. Marvellous.
  • Like 2

It's a weekly treat, that programme. Kippers, fired egg, tomatoes, bread, mug of tea and 6Music on a sunday morning is my weekly routine. Marvellous.

Is a fired egg just a burnt one?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â