Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

It's retarded because they just keep rolling the charges, you never get the money back.  Surely I have the right to refuse payment.  I can't be charged for what I've not used.

Edited by Wainy316

TV licence do something similar. They charge you double for the first 6 months so that you are always paying 6 months in advance after that.

Their justification is when you cancel your TV license you'll get 6 months free at the end.

But how many people cancel their TV license? Most people will have one forever.

It's just a way for them to get more cash.

Came home and had a generic letter from Scottish Power. Got me thinking that I hadn't see a gas/electricity bill for a while and don't remember opting for paperless billing. Anyhoo, found my online account login details and i'm £860 in credit! Bit annoyed they haven't contacted me but on the other hand, a bit of an unexpected bonus!

It's stupid. I have to pay £100 every month and my usage doesn't come close to it. I'm a few hundred quid in credit and have asked to not pay my next couple of bills. They've told me I have to keep paying the bills and then they'll estimate lower bills for me later.

Why don't you demand a refund of the credit balance (it's a condition of their supplier licence to refund)?

And didn't it become automatic (at the time of any review) earlier this year?

Edited by snowychap

Came home and had a generic letter from Scottish Power. Got me thinking that I hadn't see a gas/electricity bill for a while and don't remember opting for paperless billing. Anyhoo, found my online account login details and i'm £860 in credit! Bit annoyed they haven't contacted me but on the other hand, a bit of an unexpected bonus!

It's stupid. I have to pay £100 every month and my usage doesn't come close to it. I'm a few hundred quid in credit and have asked to not pay my next couple of bills. They've told me I have to keep paying the bills and then they'll estimate lower bills for me later.

Why don't you demand a refund of the credit balance (it's a condition of their supplier licence to refund)?

And didn't it become automatic (at the time of any review) earlier this year?

I rang them last night but gave up after 30 mins on hold. I'll give them a meter reading soon and then once calculated request the credit amount back. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â