Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

think this is the second time I'm posting this link in this thread, but it's great.

http://terriblerealestateagentphotos.com/

eg pic and tagline

tumblr_naxinwQpJj1rrqskho1_500.jpg

The fact that each doll has been hermetically sealed doesn’t make this room any less terrifying after dark.

tumblr_nakmn7eLEu1rrqskho1_500.jpg

Sometimes when you lose your keys it’s easier just to buy a new door.

There's an ice rink in the first picture...

Came home and had a generic letter from Scottish Power. Got me thinking that I hadn't see a gas/electricity bill for a while and don't remember opting for paperless billing. Anyhoo, found my online account login details and i'm £860 in credit! Bit annoyed they haven't contacted me but on the other hand, a bit of an unexpected bonus! 

Came home and had a generic letter from Scottish Power. Got me thinking that I hadn't see a gas/electricity bill for a while and don't remember opting for paperless billing. Anyhoo, found my online account login details and i'm £860 in credit! Bit annoyed they haven't contacted me but on the other hand, a bit of an unexpected bonus!

It's stupid. I have to pay £100 every month and my usage doesn't come close to it. I'm a few hundred quid in credit and have asked to not pay my next couple of bills. They've told me I have to keep paying the bills and then they'll estimate lower bills for me later.

I've mentioned it before, I think, but it's one of my fave stories so you're getting  it again.

Twenty five years ago when we had our first house it was quite literally the cheapest house in town and needed a vast amount of work which we carried out every time we got together a little bit of money. One day, the powers that be decided that the gas meter had to be changed. They came along, changed it and the shiny new meter was installed, set on zeros. Later that afternoon another member of the fantastic British Gas team came to give us our first gas reading. Which by that point was something like 00000002.

Later that month we had a letter from British Gas saying with a useage of 000000002 we were due a rebate of £900 so they'd credited my bank account.

We presumed they'd eventually work out their own error. They never did. 

• Like 2

Last year I was about £310 in credit and they emailed me saying they were increasing my payments!

Don't really understand, but haven't checked it since so I'm hoping there's a nice bit of credit in there :)

I had the same letter the other day. My account is £600 in credit but they are increasing my monthly direct debit from £17 to £35 because I didn't give them a meter reading last time. 

Still, as Mike points out, it's a handy savings account (even if they're the ones earning the interest on it).

I'm now only £280 in credit, despite it just going through summer where I hardly use energy and my payments going up.

Although they took a payment recently so it'll build back up.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â