Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

A friend of mine took me to some airshow when I was about 15.

One of the most boring days of my life.

Planes are impressive. And the odd "acrobatic" show they add was cool. But most of the day was looking at the same planes, with the odd one just flying past in a straight line.

Didn't do it for me. Had a lovely picnic though

Planes are impressive. And the odd "acrobatic" show they add was cool. But most of the day was looking at the same planes, with the odd one just flying past in a straight line.

Planes are one of my many anoraks  :D

• Like 2

I went to a plane show once which included old war bombers. I was horrified to see lots of planes sporting nazi swastika flags on the side, and thought it an outrage to flaunt such racist views until I was told at the end of the day they signified how many planes they'd shot down :/ Put a mercifully different spin on the day. The up-diddly-ups and the swerling bits were quite fun, but I admit after a little while, it just became overgrown dots flying past my visual field in much the same manner as a bunch of pissed up flies. 

I remember going to an airshow when I was a kid, and hating it due to the very loud noise from the planes. I did get a Bib Fortuna toy on the way home though, so over all it was a good day.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

You're lucky. My dad is massively into planes and he dragged me and my brother to various air shows throughout our childhood. Incredibly boring save for the odd few minutes when a plane does a cool manoeuvre but they were few and far between.

The thing I remember from being a kid was the Birmingham GP, I went to watch it with my dad and the noise from those cars on the streets of the city was unbelievable as well.

I remember listening to it all going on from the back garden (in Kings Norton), wishing I was there. Never forgave my dad for not taking me but every time I went down Bristol Street for years after that, I always looked out for the lines painted on the starting grid.

Just purchased my ticket to the Man City game. Feel special every time for someone from overseas like me. Trinity Road this time cause I have never sat there before.

Whereabouts you sitting. Great view from the Upper  

Im at B2 row 17 so not Upper but close to Holte. I hope I get a close view of the same type of picture of Weimann in front of the Holte from last years game. 

The thing I remember from being a kid was the Birmingham GP, I went to watch it with my dad and the noise from those cars on the streets of the city was unbelievable as well.

I remember listening to it all going on from the back garden (in Kings Norton), wishing I was there. Never forgave my dad for not taking me but every time I went down Bristol Street for years after that, I always looked out for the lines painted on the starting grid.

Gutted for you. 

Gutted for you. 

My childhood was full of sadness and disappointment ;)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â