Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

glenfiddich-single-malt-scotch-12-year.j

I'm a speyside fan.  I like Talisker etc and I've spent a bit of time on the West Coast (including Skye and the outer hebrides) but I guess I prefer the taste less peaty.  I know liking Glenfiddich is somewhat frowned upon ("there are better malts") but truth be known, I spent a few days in Dufftown (the place actually exists!) after touring around Scotland in a campervan and I was blown away by the experience (this was after visiting all the distilleries I could find before it). 

Drinking Glenfiddich this evening cheers me up. 

• Like 3

Never enjoyed spirits , just don't do it for me

Mind you i did do the classic teenage thing of mix the entire contents of my parents drinks cabinet and down the whole lot... That was on a Friday , I was still being sick at school on the Monday ... I still nearly puke even today if I smell advocaat

Mind you i did do the classic teenage thing of mix the entire contents of my parents drinks cabinet and down the whole lot... That was on a Friday , I was still being sick at school on the Monday ... I still nearly puke even today if I smell advocaat

you stick to the Chardonnay mate, we'll take care of the men's drinks for you

you stick to the Chardonnay mate, we'll take care of the men's drinks for you

No way our Tony would touch that French muck!

Good whisky and good cognac are all about the flavour. All the other spirits are about the alcohol.

yeah id agree with that, was never about the taste with me although i do or did enjoy jack daniels and southern comfort neat. vodka is just about getting smashed, about five years ago i was having a litre of vodka before i even went out on the town where i would consume more vodka. glad i grew out of that and so are the landlords  :D

Psh, it's all about rum and whisky. Not together, I mean.

I must implore all of you to resist the childish urge to 'fix' my post by quoting it and changing the 'r' in rum to a 'c'. 

Edited by Ginko

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â