Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Very good my better half is the same ....Have you asked for the pay rise yet :D

Boss is off today but he said a few weeks back there would be a nice renegotiation of my salary if I passed. So, Monday I will be banging on his door.

BuE58ZfIIAA025Q.jpg

original artwork, 1980's style

no photoshop, no scanner, just scissors, glue, pens, whiteout

Ah, good old flat artwork. Takes me right back to the start of my career.  :thumb:

BuE58ZfIIAA025Q.jpg

Ah, good old flat artwork. Takes me right back to the start of my career.  :thumb:

Why does it say digital artwork on the caption? 

:suspect:

BuE58ZfIIAA025Q.jpg

Why does it say digital artwork on the caption? 

:suspect:

Does it? Looks like 'Original' Artwork to me.

yep, it says 'original'

Back in the day, working with invisible tape, or better still, drawing on acetate and then using a scalpel to scratch off your mistakes - you get one go at scratching of a mistake and then it's start the whole sheet again.

Anybody ever used an old school dyeline amonia based A0 printer? I was the ace and banging those babies out.

• Like 1

yep, it says 'original'

Back in the day, working with invisible tape, or better still, drawing on acetate and then using a scalpel to scratch off your mistakes - you get one go at scratching of a mistake and then it's start the whole sheet again.

Anybody ever used an old school dyeline amonia based A0 printer? I was the ace and banging those babies out.

When I first started my career there were still a few projects that were done exclusively as flat artwork, luckily when I did my degree we barely touched any digital artwork (Macs had only just come onto the scene and were only really used as a way to output type) so I had a good grounding in scalpels, Cow Gum and Rubylith :)

Boss is off today but he said a few weeks back there would be a nice renegotiation of my salary if I passed. So, Monday I will be banging on his door.

Good stuff ...herself was on terrible money while studying but day after she qualified got a nice pay rise

Good stuff ...herself was on terrible money while studying but day after she qualified got a nice pay rise

Hoping for something similar MV.

If he's an accountant he'll be negotiating downward.

He'll cut a few grand off, you'll appeal, he'll agree, you'll keep your present salary and he'll call it a rise.  :D

• Like 1

Hydrophobic potions. I put some Rain X on my car windscreen yesterday and drove though a

storm earlier without needing my windscreen wipers. Science!

• Like 2

I am as of 32min ago a qualified accountant #€€€

What type

ACCA MV. 

Congratulations fella, welcome to the club!  I remember getting my ACCA final results at about 3 in the morning one February morning.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â