Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

amish-buggy6.jpg

The Fiesta is a benchmark car, it's perfectly decent and is broadly similar to just about every other small 5 door hatchback.

Much of the rest is fashion, taste and the power of advertising (such as being told Seats are sporty youthful modern and funky).

In normal driving conditions, driven normally by a normal person, a Fiesta is on a par with any other car in the same category. Then you get into the finer points of running costs, proximity to a garage that can service it etc.. 

• Like 1

OK, tell me what to buy. I want a 5d small hatchback, mileage under 10k, aircon, mp3, cheap to run, maintain and tax.

Mrs H got a pre reg Focus for close to that , had 425 miles on the clock or something

£20 a year road tax as it's officially a 1.0 engine but some sort of witchcraft means it performs more like a 1.6l engine

It's well kitted out , think the only thing it doesn't do for you is shout bus rocket polisher at people when you drive past a bus stop

Slightly bigger than a fiesta I think and worth checking out

Edited by tonyh29

Yeah, I thought about a Focus, but we have a very narrow drive entrance, and the missus is twitchy about being able to manoeuvre in and out.

A Focus (or even bigger) would manage it, but if she's going to be driving it... 

The Fiesta is a benchmark car, it's perfectly decent and is broadly similar to just about every other small 5 door hatchback.

Much of the rest is fashion, taste and the power of advertising (such as being told Seats are sporty youthful modern and funky).

In normal driving conditions, driven normally by a normal person, a Fiesta is on a par with any other car in the same category. Then you get into the finer points of running costs, proximity to a garage that can service it etc..

My thinking exactly. There's a Ford garage just down the road that has a nice range of them.

Incidentally, I agree about the car bores thing, sorry to have mentioned it. I never go near that thread, it's nearly as bad as cricket.

Edited by mjmooney

The fact I'm posting this in the bath. So it's like I'm naked next to you in whatever context you are reading.

I'm reading it aboard a giant rubber ducky cascading down a bubble bath waterfall.

Incidentally, I agree about the care bores thing, sorry to have mentioned it. I never go near that thread, it's nearly as bad as cricket. 

Every time you said that 20 years of living in Yorkshire hadn't changed you from being a Brummie at heart I was unsure that you meant it. Until this. :lol: 

Incidentally, I agree about the care bores thing, sorry to have mentioned it. I never go near that thread, it's nearly as bad as cricket. 

Every time you said that 20 years of living in Yorkshire hadn't changed you from being a Brummie at heart I was unsure that you meant it. Until this. :lol:

If you mean having an interest in cricket is a Yorkshire, rather than Brummie pastime, you should know there were two Villa fans, and two Brummies in the England cricket team that last played.

Edited by dAVe80

Â