Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Havent got the dosh this year due to foreign holiday/engagement plans but I'm gonna pop over next summer Mr P. I wont be the typical villa shirt wearing obnoxious oik though. I've never been but very much looking forward to it.

Amita Dhiri (Milly from this life) on bbc 2 doing I love 1996 ........I would still go balls deep 

Never liked her in This Life.. thought she was too 'square' for Egg! 

• Like 1

The World Cup

and my run of luck with watching it, for instance, missed the 0:0 first half of yesterday's Germany game, caught the 2:2 second half

missed the 0:0 majority of the Belgium Russia game, saw the winner

dug up my first top notch bag of this year's spuds, got home, watched Algeria vs S Korea

lovely weekend 

• Like 1

Talking of spuds... got chatting to the bloke who's got the next allotment to ours. Turns out he plays guitar, likes the same sort of stuff as me. We've arranged to get together for a bit of jamming with a view to a possible band.

Excellent. 

• Like 2

I'll be old one day, touchwood, and I'll always love rock and playing guitar, but I will never own an allotment. I am awful at gardening and it's not my thing.

I guess I'll have to ask around the old guys playing chess in the park for any potential bandmates.

It brings up something I've always wondered though, and perhaps this is the wrong thread for it, but when I'm say, 50 or 60, will I still be wearing similar clothes to now? Does your taste in clothing get more reserved with old age or is it simply that the fashion moves on but you feel more comfortable wearing the clothes you're more used to?

Also, I'm into video games and I know plenty of the older generations think they're for kids, but when people of my generation are older, will we still be playing games and using the internet? Will that be stuff the old people do while the youth have fads and crazes of their own?

Edited by Ginko

I'll be old one day, touchwood, and I'll always love rock and playing guitar, but I will never own an allotment. I am awful at gardening and it's not my thing.

I guess I'll have to ask around the old guys playing chess in the park for any potential bandmates.

It brings up something I've always wondered though, and perhaps this is the wrong thread for it, but when I'm say, 50 or 60, will I still be wearing similar clothes to now? Does your taste in clothing get more reserved with old age or is it simply that the fashion moves on but you feel more comfortable wearing the clothes you're more used to?

Also, I'm into video games and I know plenty of the older generations think they're for kids, but when people of my generation are older, will we still be playing games and using the internet? Will that be stuff the old people do while the youth have fads and crazes of their own?

See Mike's signature.

• Like 3

i'm 50 in feb and i love video games.you'll be wearing different clothes to now as fashion changes but i never shop at m+s or similar shite.partial to levis and shop at river island,diesel and similar.wear vans.

I would have said the same until very recently. In fact I'm still pretty ambivalent about it. Never been remotely interested in gardening - although the missus lives for it - but this is somehow different. A bit of pottering about, and free potatoes.  :)

Would never have done it if I had to fit it in around work, but I've got plenty of time now, so it's cool. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â