Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I'm in bed and my girlfriends making me a coffee (in the coffee machine, which she usually says is too complicated). The sun is shining, we're about to book a holiday and.. the best thing of all, Today I'm taking my fish back to the aquatics shop, so that I can get rid of the ridiculous 3ft x 4ft fish tank and stand that's currently in my living room!! I regretted buying it the moment I dragged it through the front door.

As a matter of interest, is there any connection between you deciding to get rid of the fish tank and your being treated to coffee in bed?

I'm in bed and my girlfriends making me a coffee (in the coffee machine, which she usually says is too complicated). The sun is shining, we're about to book a holiday and.. the best thing of all, Today I'm taking my fish back to the aquatics shop, so that I can get rid of the ridiculous 3ft x 4ft fish tank and stand that's currently in my living room!! I regretted buying it the moment I dragged it through the front door.

As a matter of interest, is there any connection between you deciding to get rid of the fish tank and your being treated to coffee in bed?

his girlfriend had mentioned she had a thing for seamen?

• Like 2

For a split second, for a tiny tiny flicker of a fraction of nano second, not even the B of the Bang, my brain jumped as I read the official news that my local footy team had been given a late wildcard entry into the World Cup.

I then re calibrated, re read the official line and it was The Word Cup. A telecoms sponsored thing.

Made me smile that I could genuinely have thought, however briefly, that my mates were getting bags together to get down to Rio and compete.

• Like 2

An ice-cream van just went past my work and the chime was the Match of the Day theme tune. 

"Du du du duuu dudududu, du duuu du du du du" <Y'know it, yeah?

Sorry, I need a bit more than that to get it..

You wouldn't mind doing it in full would you?  Thanks in advance!

For a split second, for a tiny tiny flicker of a fraction of nano second, not even the B of the Bang, my brain jumped as I read the official news that my local footy team had been given a late wildcard entry into the World Cup.

I then re calibrated, re read the official line and it was The Word Cup. A telecoms sponsored thing.

Made me smile that I could genuinely have thought, however briefly, that my mates were getting bags together to get down to Rio and compete.

An entry that references my second favourite sculpture ever. My favourite, just to keep on topic and something that has been cheering me up for many many years. I give you The Super Lamb Banana.

SNV30015.jpg

• Like 2

An ice-cream van just went past my work and the chime was the Match of the Day theme tune. 

"Du du du duuu dudududu, du duuu du du du du" <Y'know it, yeah?

Sorry, I need a bit more than that to get it..

You wouldn't mind doing it in full would you?  Thanks in advance!

"Du du du duuu dudududu, du duuu du du du du, Du du du duuu dudududu, du duuu du du du du, du du du duuu dudududu, du duuu du du du du, du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du du."

• Like 3

Of course I'm old enough to remember the previous MOTD theme tune. 

It went: 

Daaaa-da-da-da-da-daaa

Daaaa-da-da-da-da-daaa

Daaaa-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-daaa

• Like 1

An entry that references my second favourite sculpture ever. My favourite, just to keep on topic and something that has been cheering me up for many many years. I give you The Super Lamb Banana.

SNV30015.jpg

well that's weird

B of the Bang is probs my second fave, with a very strong shout for....

Maman

Bourgeois+Tate+Modern+.jpg

• Like 2

hmmm, I thought. hmmm, perhaps I was wrong about my attitude towards Game of Thrones. Perhaps it isn't just for sci fi geeks with too much acne to leave their own bedroom. I'll have a quick look at the specific thread to see if it has nuance my limited viewing hadn't discovered.

'click'

.....huh huh, cosplay girl would get my boner.....

'click'

just another non-scientific sample and unfortunate coincidence I know, but made me smile

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â