Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

With the risk of making CED jump in the bath with a toaster, give me a test match any day of the week.

Duddley do right!

And bollocks to the opinions of Mike and Stevo. Fair enough for them to have them (I have no problem with them detesting cricket) but **** me if one of the most boring things I see posted on this forum isn't one, either or both of them crapping on about just how much they detest cricket.

Suck it up, cocktards. It's more popular than the both of you ... combined ... just about...maybe. :)

people have to keep politics, wrestling, cars, religion etc to their respective threads because they're boring to talk about.

Cricket should be the same.

Back on topic. 3 day weekends.

Well the original post was made in reference to the voice of a broadcaster and ex cricketer (who also is a hero of mine and appears in my avatar), and how hearing reminds me of the Summer, and "cheers me up", so is on topic. 

Edited by dAVe80

They could improve it if they removed the bats, ball, wicket, players and the umpire.

So you're a boundary fan?

They are the shape of Paradise. And I prefer them to curly wurlys anyway. When I play on the beach this is literally true but here I am hilariously linking the word boundary to bounty.

anti cricket only exists where there is cricket.

Nonsense and the kind of perverted use of logic that I would expect of people who couldn't tell their silly mid on from their deep extra cover.

"Bowling Shane."

• Like 1

:clap:

C5 for the highlights if anyone wants. :)

'Cricket Highlights' is that an oxymoron?

No - there is hope for those who can deal with such complex concepts, though. :D

Edited as there was some bizarre duplication.

Edited by snowychap

I blame food additives, 4 star petrol, Sunny D, Chernobyl and one on one meetings with 1970's BBC celebs for a lack of cricket appreciation amongst some of the lower orders.

I blame the fact that it goes on for 5 days, if the weather's nice, and nothing ever happens
20 / 20 lasts about 3 hours it's great fun as it's just a slog fest ...

I ran out of beer went to get another one came back and 3 wickets had gone ... ( Including Ricky Ponting in his last ever limited overs game as it turned out )

With the risk of making CED jump in the bath with a toaster, give me a test match any day of the week.

My Cardiff office now overlooks Sofia Gardens and we have a back gate that makes the journey from work to cricket about 3 minutes long. I worked on the design of the indoor cricket school there plus a few other bits n bobs so I have a couple of posh seats always available. This summer I will be availing myself of a pint, a newspaper and sitting there in the sunshine during day 2 or 3 or 4 of some match or other. Just wasting time.

Was about to invite myself to your posh seats for when Glamorgan play Surrey in The 20/20 , but alas I'm in sunny Baku that day :(

anti cricket only exists where there is cricket.

Nonsense and the kind of perverted use of logic that I would expect of people who couldn't tell their silly mid on from their deep extra cover.
Gesundheit

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â