Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Yeah basically because the data team which I am part of and the sales don't interact much the manager put us in the meeting room together and we played some games like write down your favourite film on a piece of paper screw it up, put in the middle of the table and the rest of the team had to guess who wrote it. Or write down an interesting fact about yourself,  screw the paper  up.......... Did that for half an hour was fun. Then another half an hour talking positives and negatives of the week. 

Team bonding days... without fail, every one I have been too has been awful. Cringeworthy in the extreme.

Very much this. Thank g*d I've escaped all that shit. 

a good few years ago they tried to get a team building day for my little office

I suppose it worked really well, in that to a man we refused to have anything to do with it and it was cancelled

• Like 2

To be fair our last team building day was a day of offroading, driving "games", clay pigeon shooting and archery. With a free 3 course lunch in a castle.

So that's probably why I see them in a better light.

• Like 2

To be fair our last team building day was a day of offroading, driving "games", clay pigeon shooting and archery. With a free 3 course lunch in a castle.

Even then. 

The phrase "No such thing as a free lunch" should always be kept in mind. 

Personally I'd not have wanted to do any of those things, except possibly at a time and place of my choosing, with friends of my choosing. Not under orders from my employers. 

Even then. 

The phrase "No such thing as a free lunch" should always be kept in mind. 

Personally I'd not have wanted to do any of those things, except possibly at a time and place of my choosing, with friends of my choosing. Not under orders from my employers. 

Fair enough.

That's a pretty grumpy way to be though, if you don't mind me saying.

No such thing as a free lunch. But considering this was instead of spending the day working I'd say it came pretty close!!

Edit: also, you didn't HAVE to go if you didn't want to, and they gave you a choice of dates. But everybody did go.

Edited by Stevo985

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â