Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I watched a bloke come out his house this afternoon to pick his wheely bin up, now as we all know the wind has been quite harsh today, so I just pissed my self laughing when as he picked the bin up the wind blew the lid off and hit him in the face.

I got up at 5 am and went out in my dressing gown to retrieve our wheelie bin from the road.

Dressing gown ...

Ummm.... and?

Oh, you wear a dressing gown. All this time there was me thinking you're male.

• Like 1

I watched a bloke come out his house this afternoon to pick his wheely bin up, now as we all know the wind has been quite harsh today, so I just pissed my self laughing when as he picked the bin up the wind blew the lid off and hit him in the face.

I got up at 5 am and went out in my dressing gown to retrieve our wheelie bin from the road.

Dressing gown ...

Ummm.... and?

Oh, you wear a dressing gown. All this time there was me thinking you're male.

article-2259076-16CD1325000005DC-195_634

real men wear dressing gowns

kidults wear onesies, underpants higher than their trousers, american baseball caps at jaunty angles, flip flops, clothing that simply advertises brands in big letters

• Like 1

Fun with Markov Chains

his brother whom he slew; and we will walk in my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD: I will not lie nor repent: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that were burnt had offered; and they were divided hither and thither, so that they operate on “abstract data.”

And Satan stood up against them in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the role of procedures in program design.

The mouth of strange women is a deep and wonderful property of computation.

Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of the LORD be God, which brought fish, and of silver ten thousand talents of silver to hire them chariots and horsemen: and he that giveth, let him be unto thee forty and nine years: and he fell on his knees with his hands fulfilled that which was prepared for me daily was one ox and six choice sheep; also fowls were prepared for an hour, like the interpreters, the register-machine language has one of the above expression is evaluated.

In APL all data are represented as arrays, and there shall they see the Son of man, in whose sight I brought them out

More precisely, if P and Q are polynomials, let O1 be the order of blessed

And after a while we began to take their complaints seriously. We began to feel as if we really were responsible And disciples saith (below free (if (< n d) n (remainder (- n d) d))) We can thus make a factorial subroutine that returns to the entry point

So David would face designated index, and the cdr of this record to the thou frame of the environment?

symbols, whose values are looked up in the court of the LORD’s glory.

And these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, and all the abominations that be done in (log n) steps.

And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, designing the remainder of the result of the procedure application when the formal parameters of the procedure have the body and blood of the bullock, and put it on a candlestick, that they which are accounted to tradition and I will stain all began of David, king in Jerusalem.

we argued that a rational-number representation could be anything at all that the LORD will make

Thou shalt therefore sacrifice the passover within any of thy cattle, and in the MIT Computation Center.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even mention “classes” or “inheritance.”

God saith, What hast thou to do with negotiating the transition between imperative statements (from which programs are constructed) and declarative statements

The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of a man deferreth his anger; and it is used as follows: (define (cc amount coin-values) (cond ((= amount 0) 1) ((or (< amount 0) (no-more? coin-values)) 0) (else (+ (cc amount (except-first-denomination coin-values)) (cc (- amount (first-denomination coin-values)) coin-values)))))

• Like 1

Dressing gowns are amazing just ask Tony Soprano.

OK not really soprano a bit baritone in place but here goes .................... TonyH La la la la are dressing gowns great la la la ?

Fun with Markov Chains

his brother whom he slew; and we will walk in my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD: I will not lie nor repent: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that were burnt had offered; and they were divided hither and thither, so that they operate on “abstract data.”

And Satan stood up against them in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the role of procedures in program design.

The mouth of strange women is a deep and wonderful property of computation.

Therefore he hath poured upon him the fury of the LORD be God, which brought fish, and of silver ten thousand talents of silver to hire them chariots and horsemen: and he that giveth, let him be unto thee forty and nine years: and he fell on his knees with his hands fulfilled that which was prepared for me daily was one ox and six choice sheep; also fowls were prepared for an hour, like the interpreters, the register-machine language has one of the above expression is evaluated.

In APL all data are represented as arrays, and there shall they see the Son of man, in whose sight I brought them out

More precisely, if P and Q are polynomials, let O1 be the order of blessed

And after a while we began to take their complaints seriously. We began to feel as if we really were responsible And disciples saith (below free (if (< n d) n (remainder (- n d) d))) We can thus make a factorial subroutine that returns to the entry point

So David would face designated index, and the cdr of this record to the thou frame of the environment?

symbols, whose values are looked up in the court of the LORD’s glory.

And these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, and all the abominations that be done in (log n) steps.

And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ass, designing the remainder of the result of the procedure application when the formal parameters of the procedure have the body and blood of the bullock, and put it on a candlestick, that they which are accounted to tradition and I will stain all began of David, king in Jerusalem.

we argued that a rational-number representation could be anything at all that the LORD will make

Thou shalt therefore sacrifice the passover within any of thy cattle, and in the MIT Computation Center.

For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even mention “classes” or “inheritance.”

God saith, What hast thou to do with negotiating the transition between imperative statements (from which programs are constructed) and declarative statements

The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of a man deferreth his anger; and it is used as follows: (define (cc amount coin-values) (cond ((= amount 0) 1) ((or (< amount 0) (no-more? coin-values)) 0) (else (+ (cc amount (except-first-denomination coin-values)) (cc (- amount (first-denomination coin-values)) coin-values)))))

Levi. what ARE you on about???  :mellow:

Dressing gowns are amazing just ask Tony Soprano.

OK not really soprano a bit baritone in place but here goes .................... TonyH La la la la are dressing gowns great la la la ?

morales.gif

• Like 1

A Markov Chain (in this context) is basically a text generator. You train it by feeding it a corpus of text. A simple one will then assess the probability of the next word based on the previous one. Even crude ones do a reasonably good job of generating text that makes some sense.

In this case, the corpus of text was the King James Version of the Bible and Abelson & Sussman's Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs.

Edited by leviramsey

A Markov Chain (in this context) is basically a text generator. You train it by feeding it a corpus of text. A simple one will then assess the probability of the next word based on the previous one. Even crude ones do a reasonably good job of generating text that makes some sense.

In this case, the corpus of text was the King James Version of the Bible and Abelson & Sussman's Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs.

Actually that looks really fun :)

A related hack is dissociated press, which

starts by printing a number of consecutive words (or letters) from the source text. Then it searches the source text for an occurrence of few last words or letters printed out so far. If multiple occurrences are found, it picks a random one, and proceeds with printing text following the chosen occurrence. After predetermined length of text was printed out, the search procedure is repeated for the newly-printed ending.

Considering that words and phrases tend to appear in specific grammatical contexts, the resulting text usually seems correct grammatically, and if the source text is uniform in style, the result appears to be of similar style and subject, and takes some effort on the reader side to recognize as not genuine. Still, the randomness of the assembly process deprives it of any logical flow - the loosely related parts are connected in nonsensical way, creating a humorously abstract, random result.

A classic example comes from applying dissociated press to the Jargon File, which once famously yielded:

wart: n. A small, crocky feature that sticks out of an array (C has no checks for this). This is relatively benign and easy to spot if the phrase is bent so as to be not worth paying attention to the medium in question.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â