Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Coastguard wearing balaclavas. Seems fair enough. Probably weather-related :lol:

Its hard not to admire the "couldn't give a **** approach" adopted here. Had the UK coastguard done similar there would be an enquiry and a bunch of bailiffs in waders trying to get em off the boat. 

Its hard not to admire the "couldn't give a **** approach" adopted here. Had the UK coastguard done similar there would be an enquiry and a bunch of bailiffs in waders trying to get em off the boat.

Police that feel the need to hide their identity are probably up to no good and I wouldn't give Russian police the moral high ground over Greenpeace, as much as you clearly have issue with the 'soap dodgers'.

BOF, on 20 Sept 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

Eames, on 20 Sept 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

Police that feel the need to hide their identity are probably up to no good and I wouldn't give Russian police the moral high ground over Greenpeace, as much as you clearly have issue with the 'soap dodgers'.

I dislike Greenpeace activists even more than the French do but I'd still probably side with them over the Russians 

Meeting Roy Hodgson tonight. Whatever you might think of his ability to lead the national team, he is a thoroughly nice man.

I hope you asked him about Gabby's omission!

I did. He was suitably non-committal (I did make reference to his Ferdinand gaffe) but did say that Gabby was in his thoughts.

• Like 2

Once worked at Lidl's head office in Wimbledon over the winter months when I was doing shows.

They are really very fussy about what goes on to the shelves.

There's a kitchen there, they systematically compare their rivals food against their own. If the Lidl version is thought to be inferior, it's pulled from the stores.

I've no problem with shopping at Lidl and Aldi (similar set up) having seen how they operate, despite being cheap they give a monkey's.

Unlike Tesco and Sainsbury's whose products have taken a serious dive in quality, 'Finest' my arse.

Had a client over from Germany today and she insists the best juice on the market is lidl's own brand ... Taking into account she works for another well known brand that is a competitor , it is an interesting statement and maybe an indication that lidl's stuff is as you mention

orange juice and apple juice are both excellent and a good price

Meeting Roy Hodgson tonight. Whatever you might think of his ability to lead the national team, he is a thoroughly nice man.

I hope you asked him about Gabby's omission!

I did. He was suitably non-committal (I did make reference to his Ferdinand gaffe) but did say that Gabby was in his thoughts.

Did you remind him that Gabby's not fatally ill?

Tiger bread

Another fine Dutch invention.

Typical Dutch, put bread in oven, have a joint, overcook bread slightly as a result of being a bit stoned, then claim it as an invention :mrgreen:

Isn't the phrase dutch invention a bit similar to the phrase famous Belgian ;)

• Like 1

bickster, on 25 Sept 2013 - 6:53 PM, said:

villaajax, on 25 Sept 2013 - 6:46 PM, said:

StefanAVFC, on 25 Sept 2013 - 4:05 PM, said:

Tiger bread

Typical Dutch, put bread in oven, have a joint, overcook bread slightly as a result of being a bit stoned, then claim it as an invention :mrgreen:

Bradley Wiggins says Hi :)

Tiger bread

You have to spread sugary water over the top of it first

Anyway, there are plenty of Dutch inventions and only one famous Belgian <_<

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â