Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Killing wasps.  I've had a re-think since this post.  Little bastards terrorise our coffee breaks and you're taking your life in your hands going to a recycling centre at this time of year.  There also definitely appears to be more of them this year than any year I can remember.

Killing wasps.  I've had a re-think since this post.  Little bastards terrorise our coffee breaks and you're taking your life in your hands going to a recycling centre at this time of year.  There also definitely appears to be more of them this year than any year I can remember.

THIS. 

I've got a fly swatter on my desk especially for the words removed. My kill count this year makes most Stallone films look like pacifist propaganda.

• Like 1

I've hardly seen a single wasp this year. Hundreds of peacock butterflies though.

Really?  I've seen more at the end of this some than in recent memory.  I did comment earlier in the year that wasp numbers seem to be dwindling but they've been out in force of late.

I think it's the same wasp terrorising our coffee break. It looks like the same one anyway.

Kill it BOF. We believe in you. You can do this. 

He actually looked me in the eye at one point from 2 inches away.  Hovered down from above my head in a kind of "I could've stung your eye if I wanted to" menacing pose.  Then I had a mini-spaz attack to get rid of him (may have spilled some coffee).  Something about being stung in the eyeball doesn't appeal to me.

• Like 2

I've hardly seen a single wasp this year. Hundreds of peacock butterflies though.

Really?  I've seen more at the end of this some than in recent memory.  I did comment earlier in the year that wasp numbers seem to be dwindling but they've been out in force of late.

Yep. West Yorkshire. I've seen maybe three or four, but that's all.

to be fair, they do generally like nice weather and counties where humans can sit outside and consume jam without getting chilblains

to be fair, they do generally like nice weather and counties where humans can sit outside and consume jam without getting chilblains

July was a scorcher, even here.

August was pretty poor though, so you could be right.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â