Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

Mentioned a while back that my mom and dad's house got burgled on the night of her 60th birthday a couple of months ago.

They caught the guy who did it and he was in court yesterday. 

Got 3 and a half years in prison.

Hoorah.

Nice one  :thumb:

I was robbed several years ago and the police did funk all...I even told them the thieves were caught on videotape using my credit card...they didn't follow up on it, because it required them driving 20 minutes to another town to look at the video. I moved out of there a month later, not giving that city another dime.

I'm sure if the police hadn't have found prints at the house that they would never have caught him.

Guess we just lucked out that he was too dumb to wear gloves and that he had priors so his prints were on file. They didn't even have to arrest him. They turned up at his house when he wasn't in and next thing they knew he was turning himself in.

They'd have had to have been really REALLY shit not to catch him :D

I 'exchanged contracts' today on my new apartment :)

Congratulations mate. When's the house warming VT booze up then? ;)

Cheers mate  :)  House warming is water only... not having anyone stain my new cream carpets!  :P

I 'exchanged contracts' today on my new apartment :)

Congratulations mate. When's the house warming VT booze up then? ;)

Cheers mate :) House warming is water only... not having anyone stain my new cream carpets! :P

This is the most feminine thing you've ever written on here :P

I'm just about to do it again: I'm going curtain shopping today!  :blush:

Just saw Nigel Kennedy on the Proms - he's still wearing the "Rover" shirt. 

He's a bloody decent violinist too, as well as by all accounts a mad Villan

Here he is, wearing mentioned shirt, being a bloody decent violinist and helping out our less fortunate neighbours...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hECAyyiCC1M 

80 degF (27 degC, if my math is right) and dry, with enough puffy cumulus clouds in the sky to keep it from getting too oppressive. Listening to Lithium on Sirius XM.

IMG_20130811_152328.jpg

Day-old pizza (the best kind!), coffee ice cream (the milk for which was provided by cows about five miles down the road from me -- the slogan on the container: "If they say it's fresh and local, ask to see their cows!"), Sam Adams Double Agent India Pale Lager, and a book, out on the front porch.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â