Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

I've just had a bet with my Baggies-supporting mate on who will score the most goals this season, between Anelka and Benteke. A tenner for the highest scorer and a quid per goal difference.

Eeeeeaaaasy money....  :D

• Like 1

Is your mate totally mental?

I told you. He's a Baggies fan.

So, yes.

:D

Does your mate know Anelka managed a startling 3 goals in 25 matches whilst in China? Prolific ;)

Anelka just scored two goals in a friendly against Puskas FC Academy, so he's getting a bit excited, the poor fool.

Maybe I should up the ante a bit before he sobers up?

Will he actually pay you?

Yeah, he's a really good lad, was best man at my wedding. It's not really about the money though, it's about piss-taking. 

Will he actually pay you?

Yeah, he's a really good lad, was best man at my wedding. It's not really about the money though, it's about piss-taking. 

Oh sure, the cash just reinforces the piss-taking  :D

I love old gems like this you can find online. 1903. The population of Los Angeles was probably about 5,000 at the time. And there were still pockets of Indian resistance in northern California. But back east, it was all hustle and bustle, tall buildings and all. 

• Like 2

Brings back chidhood, eh?

It's lucky I enjoy these jokes fellers. :)

Because funnily enough, it does.

Given that my dad was born in the year that clip was filmed, and everybody absorbs a certain amount of influence from before their own lifetime (via TV, books, etc. as they grow up)... my childhood memories are a jumbled mix of the 1960s and 'secondhand' stuff from my parents' lives - stories, photographs, and so on. Plus, I've always been a big history buff anyway.

So... yeah.

• Like 2

I love old gems like this you can find online. 1903. The population of Los Angeles was probably about 5,000 at the time. And there were still pockets of Indian resistance in northern California. But back east, it was all hustle and bustle, tall buildings and all. 

Washington St. at the beginning (and I think I saw Copley and the Public Library at the end?)

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â