Paddy's "Things that cheer you up"

rjw63

World cup 98 for the N64 was the best game ever.. Better than that crap ^ ;)

Cough ** sensible soccer on the Amiga ** cough

That game nearly made me fail my degree!

I'll tell you something that cheers me up (As is the point of the thread  :mellow: ) but I don't know why, a "Things that cheer me up but shouldn't" if you will.

When paying in a shop with a note that's above the cost of my items, I like it when I have the spare change to cover the 'Pence Column'. Do you know what I mean?

Say it comes to £3:21p and I have a tenner but also the 21p in coins, it cheers me up to hand it over saying "Here you are mate does this help you out?"

I don't know, I imagine the shop assistant doesn't care although I suppose it does sort of help out, gives them a bit of small change for the till and in that I've gotten rid of some shrapnel. it gives me a warm feeling :)

What can I say? Simple minds and all that...not the music group. 

• Like 1

On a related note, I like it when I'm buying something for say £3.46 and I give them £5.46 and you can see the utter confusion on the persons face about how much change they need to give you. You can see the dilemma in their heads, the little screen is flashing at them saying £1.54 but they know it isn't right but can't quite figure out what they need to give you.

Makes me smile every time.

• Like 1

Tracking a parcel via Fedex.  All the way from New Jersey, via Indianapolis, to Stansted...tomorrow it shall be mine!

Unless of course, FedEx sub out the last leg of its journey to Yodel, in which case I expect to see you in the "Things that piss you off" thread shortly.

I ordered something online last night, and due to Paypal **** up (no way!) I got charged twice but didn't notice.

In a shocking turn of events, the company noticed, processed the refund, and sent me an email apologising within an hour of them opening this morning, when I'd not even noticed the problem myself, never mind complained about it.

I was delighted to see that there are still some companies around who treat their customers well, I thought customer service was a lost art.

Surely they deserve a shout the; what was the company?

Or is it something you don't want to admit to?  ;)

Well I didn't want people to think I'd spent several years undercover before starting a PR campaign, but it was a pair of shoes from Cheaney's. They've since arrived and I can vouch for their shoes being ridiculously comfortable.

I can still the remember the horror I used to feel as a small child having to work out out change.

Bear in mind this was the days of pre-decimal currency. I'd buy an ice cream that cost (say) 7d, give the ice cream man a half crown, and wonder if I was being short changed with what he gave me back, as the arithmetic totally did my head in.

As I got older I got it perfectly, but there was that period where it really baffled me.

(The correct answer for those of you playing along, is 1s 11d). :)

Edited by mjmooney

World cup 98 for the N64 was the best game ever.. Better than that crap ^ ;)

Cough ** sensible soccer on the Amiga ** cough

Sensible World Of Soccer, surely. The scale of that at the time blew my mind.

Not a patch on the manic playability (and unbelievable goalkeepers of) Dino Dini's Kick Off 2 though (the original, not the 'Extra Time' shite).

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â