Eric Lichaj

Rob182

• 5 weeks later...

Thought he did okay when he came on. Was solid again defensively but it's hit or miss whether or not he knows where to pass it to going forward. Showed a good move to get in the box late on in the game but per usual, didn't know what to do after that.

He is a much better full back than Bennett but Lambert continues to use the guy he signed. Lichaj is a great player to have. He is a solid back up and has been here for a few years now. 

He is a much better full back than Bennett but Lambert continues to use the guy he signed. Lichaj is a great player to have. He is a solid back up and has been here for a few years now. 

I don't disagree with you about him being a better full back than Bennett, in fact even PL probably wouldn't disagree with you. The thing is that Bennett is a much better footballer than Lichaj. Although we're probably all rightfully in a sulk with Bennett after the Norwich game, there IS something to be said for having a side full of people who can play good football.

The problem with Lichaj is he isn't as good in the LB ..

I think Enda should be tried instead of Bennet ..

Because he is a right back. A solid right back at that. He won't be cafu but his better than hutton. Probably on a small wage, worth another contract as a back up if his happy with that

Thought he did fine against Norwich. Didn't have to worry too much because it looked like they targeted Bennett down our left instead of the right. Good squad RB if he's willing to stay as a back-up.

Because he is a right back. A solid right back at that. He won't be cafu but his better than hutton. Probably on a small wage, worth another contract as a back up if his happy with that
Solid?

I used to like Lichaj, used to think the same. But he has put in some of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Villa full back this season. There's a very good reason Baker was starting ahead if him when Lambert wanted a "solid" option.

His positioning is dreadful. Decision making, dreadful. When he remembers where and who he is he's not a bad defender, but he just doesn't get the game at this level. Admittedly neither does Bennett most of the time, but at least he has upside with the ball at his feet. Sunderland being the prime example, Lichaj isn't and never will be capable of a performance like that. He's more than capable of Bennett's more recent showing.

Not good enough. Even as a back up.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Sunderland being the prime example, Lichaj isn't and never will be capable of a performance like that. 

In the team for the 1-4 win at Norwich in the league cup.

Sunderland being the prime example, Lichaj isn't and never will be capable of a performance like that.

In the team for the 1-4 win at Norwich in the league cup.

What's your point? I probably could have played full back that day.

Solid?

I used to like Lichaj, used to think the same. But he has put in some of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Villa full back this season. There's a very good reason Baker was starting ahead if him when Lambert wanted a "solid" option.

His positioning is dreadful. Decision making, dreadful. When he remembers where and who he is he's not a bad defender, but he just doesn't get the game at this level. Admittedly neither does Bennett most of the time, but at least he has upside with the ball at his feet. Sunderland being the prime example, Lichaj isn't and never will be capable of a performance like that. He's more than capable of Bennett's more recent showing.

Not good enough. Even as a back up.

Being a wrong-sided full back is a lot bigger factor than you're giving Lichaj credit. Perfectly adequate back-up for me.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â