Barry Bannan

villianusa

He was. Doesn't mean he was good or even average, but he was still better than Bannan.

That settles it then.
As opposed to basically saying "No KEA was not better"?

What are you basing the idea that KEA was better on though? Please point out all his 'better' performances...

You said it yourself he was good for the first few games. I don't remember Bannan ever being good last season. Just what exactly are you basing the idea that Bannan wasn't worse on?

Ok, lets compare how many decent performances each had last season. That is fair isn't it?

Bannan - Newcastle (A), Swansea (H), Sunderland (A), Man Utd (H), Arsenal (H), Liverpool (A), Reading (A).

KEA - West Ham (A), Everton (H), Newcastle (A).

If I've missed any, please say...

Disagree with that. I don't think Bannan looked good in many of those games.

Should we whip out the team ratings from all those matches and see what rating Bannan was given? Or should we just leave it at that and accept we aren't going to agree over this at all?

I nominate the latter. ;)

Edited by Isa

Should we whip out the team ratings from all those matches and see what rating Bannan was given? Or should we just leave it at that and accept we aren't going to agree over this at all?

Don't care either way really. You're probably never going to agree with me on this and I'm probably never going to agree with you.

Don't care either way really. You're probably never going to agree with me on this and I'm probably never going to agree with you.

...is the right answer.

He has been left out of their last 2 league games. Mourinho leaving his best player out the team is very different to Pulis leaving one of his worst players out of the team. You can say he impressed, but you didn't see the games and you don't know that he did. When he is on top form he is a very average player... he isn't on top form and has been dropped.

At least with Spurs hitting form and Palace likely to get a spanking today you can use him being "rested" as to why they didn't win... ;)

You take Palace fans views of Bannan over Villa fans because it suits your argument?

The same Palaces fans were crucifying him at the beginning of the season...

The Palace fans do not know what a good player looks like as it has been decades since they last had one ...

The stats still show he sucks...

Their manager, who I would put more faith in knowing football than the average football fan has dropped Bannan, just like Lambert and every other manager Bannan has had

Edited by AstonMartin82