Barry Bannan

villianusa

My avatar has both Bannan and Clark. Both have had good seasons so far. Glad we still have Clark.

Con must absolutely love logging on to VT.

Most successful troll in VT history.

It's fashionable to call me a troll. These are my honest and not unreasonable opinions that are also shared by others.

Take the Clark thread. Last year I supported Clark. The Clark epic double face-palm reaction is the moment of the season.

iBmc0H8mfHXeY.gif

Now if I post in the Clark thread I'd be ignored because everyone is saying how great he is playing. (This is not a criticism of Baker. They are both great, different and yet complementary in style).

I don't think you're trolling in that you actually rate Bannan.

I do believe that is your genuine opinion.

But there is stuff that you post in here that is undoubtedly trolling, ie posting for effect. I know it, you know it, we all know it.

Yes you'll deny it, to keep up this facade that allows this thread to continue because it's technically within the rules of the site. But literally everyone who reads this thread knows you're trolling.

• Like 2

Stop it! Now you're making me into a cardboard character. I'm a real person! You cannot criticise me ad infinitum without me feeling bad.

What you actually find scary is that a real person believes in something you choose to disagree with.

And that someone sticks to his opinion even when it becomes unfashionable (which isn't trolling).

• Like 1

Come on Con. I think you're funny and I believe you're telling the truth when you say you rate Bannan but it's clear that some of the things you say are blatantly trolling. :P

Could you provide an example?

I don't think I'm trolling in by the normal definition of the word

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl//ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]

Discord? X 

Upset people? X 

Inflammatory? X

Extraneous? X

Off-topic? X

Being funny whilst "sticking to a long-held opinion" is not trolling when that opinion is not off-topic, extraneous, inflammatory, does not sow discord and does not upset people.

Con's classic Anfield gif was first-class trolling.

You might have found that funny, but maybe I'm a funny person. I thought that was a good pass. It was very important one in the context of the goal scored.

I may have posted the gif once too often because I knew it made people laugh (when simply referring to the incident with text could have sufficed) but the reason for the gif was to illustrate a point, not to troll.

Aaaaaaaaanyway, that Bannan bloke.  Had a good game at the weekend by all accounts.  Scored the winner too.  Probably deserves some credit for it.  Not too much, mind.

• Like 1

Told you he was good. Bannan's form appears to have been attracting attention across the galaxy. 

Crystal Palace to stay up, aliens tell Bromley woman who 'used to be Joan of Arc'

A BROMLEY spiritual healer who claims she used to be Joan of Arc says aliens have told her Crystal Palace will stay in the Premier League.

Stephany Cohen is in constant communication with extra terrestrial races, including Grays, Cat People and the half-reptile, half-alien Reptilians.

The 52-year-old says the aliens have taken a special interest in Earth, and regularly travel across space from their home in the Canis Major system.

And Grays, who have previously passed on advice for Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, have reassured her that struggling Palace will steer clear of relegation this season. 

Edited by Con

Did well by the looks of motd, although he always was a motd player with the other 90% being less of a highlight. Seems to be affecting the right end though.