Barry Bannan

villianusa

Bannan is a very good technical player. His passing is good and he has the ability to create chances or hit a 'wonderball'. The problem is his decision making, he knows he can play these great passes and so tries to force them when they're not on and a simple pass would be much better. On top of this he does have an eye for goal, some of the goals he scored when on loan were amazing but he just failed to replicate this in the Prem although this may be down to nerves, especially after his long run without scoring.  

Furthermore his attitude has slipped; when he first came into the team he had the fans backing and we regarded him as another young, exciting prospect with a lot of potential. He played with positivity and seemed to be enjoying his football, especially playing alongside players like albrighton and other academy players. However after the M1 incident his head dropped and so did his form, a portion of fans got on his back and this tied with the negative style of football sought by Mcleish which didn't complement bannan's style of play. On top of this, I regularly go out at night to Birmingham and have run into bannan quite a few times, once i saw him out two nights in a row; this conveys an unprofessional attitude but also more a lack of passion and desire to play for and help Villa. 

When playing well bannan can be an excellent and exciting player to have. He provides positivity, creativity and a player willing to have the ball at his feet and work hard. Unfortunately I feel his time has run out with Villa, he has lost his passion to play for the shirt and in turn the majority of fans don't want him here (but that doesn't mean his is a bad player so to speak)

I am confident that with a fresh start, at a club like Swansea that suits his style he will become a very competent PL player and wish him all the best as in a few very selective moments he was a joy to watch. 

• Like 1

If you read back through the thread CHW the majority of comments concerning Bannan are actually directed at the ridiculous assumptions by one particular poster and to the best of my knowledge Bannan has never been made a scapegoat for anything.

Truth.

I pity anyone who trawls through all the pages on this thread trying to justify their posts because many of them are littered with contradictions. Cons view is considered extremely pro Bannan  (&OTT) mine & many others are predominantly negative towards him. (& also OTT)

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

I pity anyone who trawls through all the pages on this thread trying to justify their posts because many of them are littered with contradictions. Cons view is considered extremely pro Bannan  (&OTT) mine & many others are predominantly negative towards him. (& also OTT)

I don't like the terms pro and anti Bannan.

I've been critical of Bannan's football too. I've not said he's currently world class or the finished article.

He's got potential and some signs of actual. That's why it's a big gamble to let him go.

I've been critical of Bannan's football too. I've not said he's currently world class or the finished article.

He's got potential and some signs of actual. That's why it's a big gamble to let him go.

The term I would like to see for Bannan is Sold ;)

Anyone who thinks Bannan will be sold to a Championship team is living on another planet, smoking the strongest, hard drug out of two orifices whilst chugging down a rainbow cocktail medications with hallucinogenic side-effects all at the same time.

Prepare to be surprised who buys Bannan.

Do you want to be one of those people who everyone listens to and respects?

Now is your last chance to say "I didn't want to sell Bannan, I was one of the Villa fans who rated him."

Did this thread just turn into an infomercial?

• Like 1

Anyone who thinks Bannan will be sold to a Championship team is living on another planet, smoking the strongest, hard drug out of two orifices whilst chugging down a rainbow cocktail medications with hallucinogenic side-effects all at the same time.

Now is your last chance to say "I didn't want to sell Bannan, I was one of the Villa fans who rated him."

I apologise in advance if I'am not reading this correctly but your basically saying people who do not share your opinion and don't rate him should be ignored and not respected?

Condescending much?

To be quite honest I respect what I see with my own eyes at VP over the course of a season than your stupid heatmaps, gif's and rediculous stats any day of the week.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

I didn't want to sell Bannan. I was one of the Villa fans who rated him.

;)

;)

i2riqb.jpg

Well done. I'd like a lot of people to share that warm sense of vindication when Bannan scores on his debut for his new team.

;)

i2riqb.jpg

Well done. I'd like a lot of people to share that warm sense of vindication when Bannan scores an og direct from a corner on his debut for his new teams opponents.

He'll troll Bannan's new club.

I've not been trolling.

The posts have got increasingly content-less. That's because we are in the silly season.

Saying I'm a troll is just to repeat that you can't imagine there is anyone who would think Bannan's a good player. That view has got to be blown out the water by his latest performance for Scotland.

While you haven't said he's currently world class you have said he's "top class", "potentially world class", would not look out of place in the CL, has world class crossing and set pieces, he's "best crosser in the Premier League", if you were Wenger you'd put a bid in for him, that "hatred" for him on VT would relegate Villa, that Crowley was joining Arsenal because of people's opinions of Bannan on here and that you wouldn't sell him for £20m.

He'll troll Bannan's new club.

I've not been trolling.

The posts have got increasingly content-less. That's because we are in the silly season.

Saying I'm a troll is just to repeat that you can't imagine there is anyone who would think Bannan's a good player. That view has got to be blown out the water by his latest performance for Scotland.

He was absolutely pants against Scotland. We've been through this already.

Scotland got an amazing result. That doesn't mean he was amazing. You are a troll because you know this, yet keep writing bollox to get a reaction out of people.

He's signing for Man Utd, Arsenal... he is world class... he is worth £20m... comparing him to Zidane... saying the hatred on VT towards Bannan will relegate Villa... you've been in silly season since the day you signed up to this site.

Bannan has proven you to be an absolute idiot. One day Bannan might play well about Kilmarnock and you'll say "I TOLD YOU SO!". In the mean time, everytime Bannan plays everyone is telling you "I told you so", but you're just to ignorant to see what is blatantly obvious.