Barry Bannan

villianusa

On his best form his crossing and corners are already world class. 

Again, you know I'm not joking because the statistics show this.

The reason why I say it is a good move for Bannan, here he is not going to get the right system to get the best out of him, and he's not going to get the first team experience he needs to improve his in-game decision-making.

The game is played on the pitch, not on a PC with numbers and charts/graphs

Bannan, when on the pitch, hasn't been good enough. 

This is the argument I've constantly refuted. He's not been our weak link.

When Bannan has started we win 33.3% of the time. Higher percentage than the team. That proves he's not been our weak link. The team played better than average with Bannan in the side. That's a fact of the 2012-13 season. 

Bannan could have done better. The gap between his performance and his potential is still large, but this season he was not only good enough but better than average.

Lambert is selling him, I think, because Bannan still needs to improve and Lambert doesn't feel the team has time to wait for him to do that, he can bring in someone immediately at a higher standard. 

Con, the link in your signature to the stat stating Bannan has the best crosses in the Premier League (at mid-way through the season - probably changed a lot by now) was put together with someone with the avatar name of "Barries-View".

Put this together with your name "Con", and I conclude you are a wind-up merchant. That is evidence much stronger than any other stats you post about Bannan.

The reason why I say it is a good move for Bannan, here he is not going to get the right system to get the best out of him, and he's not going to get the first team experience he needs to improve his in-game decision-making.

When Bannan has started we win 33.3% of the time. Higher percentage than the team. That proves he's not been our weak link. The team played better than average with Bannan in the side. That's a fact of the 2012-13 season. 

Bannan could have done better. The gap between his performance and his potential is still large, but this season he was not only good enough but better than average.

Lambert is selling him, I think, because Bannan still needs to improve and Lambert doesn't feel the team has time to wait for him to do that, he can bring in someone immediately at a higher standard.

or he's just selling him because he isn't good enough and Lambert doesn't think he ever will be

I've never read such drivel before.

You reply to someone telling you that by and large stats are meaningless by bringing up more bullshit stats, I couldn't give a toss how many winning games bannan featured in as he was still shit in all of them and had he not been playing I'm confident we'd have won by even more and played even better still in those particular matches.

Your defence of him through statistics alone is embarrassing, let it go ffs.

he was still shit in all of them

This is not a reasonable opinion, especially as he got MOTM in one of the games (Newcastle away).

It is a reasonable opinion because unlike you I have two eyes in perfect working order

This is not a reasonable opinion, especially as he got MOTM in one of the games (Newcastle away).

In a game where he did the only good thing all season... I don't think you are one to lecture about "reasonable" lol

also not reasonable to assume he was the reason that he was the difference that improved our average point per game when there are 10 other players on the pitch, never mind how the other team play

Bannan is a Rorschach test: to some extent you pick out what you want to see. I like the continental style of football so the fact Bannan didn't show a lot of muscle and speed to his game didn't bother me.

Bannan is a Rorschach test: to some extent you pick out what you want to see. I like the continental style of football so the fact Bannan didn't show a lot of muscle and speed to his game didn't bother me.

interesting, I felt the same as that wasn't and will never be his strengths. So I looked to his strengths and unfortunately his strengths weren't good enough and definitely not consistent enough at this level, and to me never looked like it could be.

Edited by nick76

One things for sure, if Bannan is off to Swansea as is being widely rumoured then those sheep on those Welsh hills will be getting extremely nervous & not for the most obvious reasons ;)

No. I'm actually referring to all that ducking & diving they will be doing as another Bannan corner kick  threatens to extinguish the wildlife in Snowdonia! :P

One things for sure, if Bannan is off to Swansea as is being widely rumoured then those sheep on those Welsh hills will be getting extremely nervous & not for the most obvious reasons ;)

No. I'm actually referring to all that ducking & diving they will be doing as another Bannan corner kick threatens to extinguish the wildlife in Snowdonia! :P

[pedant]Swansea is nowhere near snowdonia[/pedant]

Please refer to my previous answer. 

No. I'm actually referring to all that ducking & diving they will be doing as another Bannan corner kick threatens to extinguish the wildlife in Snowdonia! :P

The joke is obviously lost on you! :)

The joke is obviously lost on you! :)

Ah I didn't realise you were exaggerating so much :P

The biggest problem for me is that he hasn't lived up to his potential, despite having the perfect stage to do so. Players like Westwood, Sylla and even Delph have all improved, while Bannan IMO has gone backwards.  Whether that's his fault or the just system we play I don't know, but it might be best for both parties if he did move on.

Swansea forums generally don't seem to be too pleased about the potential Bannan signing, though have clung onto the above quote in an attempt to be positive about it!

The biggest problem for me is that he hasn't lived up to his potential, despite having the perfect stage to do so. Players like Westwood, Sylla and even Delph have all improved, while Bannan IMO has gone backwards.  Whether that's his fault or the just system we play I don't know, but it might be best for both parties if he did move on.

Swansea forums generally don't seem to be too pleased about the potential Bannan signing, though have clung onto the above quote in an attempt to be positive about it!

Fear not Aston Martin.....................Con's opinions, stats, hoof charts & heat maps will soon have the whole of Swansea in Meltdown! :P:crylaugh: