Barry Bannan

villianusa

good luck to him has never deserved the abuse he receives on here. be a disgrace if is booed on his return to Villa Park

Agreed.

Booing should be saved for 'tards like Downing and Craig Gardner

• Like 1

If players diss us when they leave, or come back and celebrate scoring against us too enthusiastically - badge kissing and the like (I'm talking to YOU, Dwight word removed) - they can expect abuse.

Anybody else, no.

If players diss us when they leave, or come back and celebrate scoring against us too enthusiastically - badge kissing and the like (I'm talking to YOU, Dwight word removed) - they can expect abuse.

Anybody else, no.

There's also the Downing type situations… I won't be leaving this season as Villa stuck by me when I was injured and I owe them a lot for that… boom and he's off faster than a ferret up a drainpipe

• Like 2

Think Holloway has been drinking when saying all this. Barcelona really.

http://tinyurl.com/lk8wwz

Palace boss: Barry Bannan could be a very big player for us

CRYSTAL Palace manager Ian Holloway has challenged new signing Barry Bannan to hit the ground running after his arrival on Monday and believes he could be a star at Selhurst Park for many years to come.

The Scotland international hadn’t played for former club Aston Villa since March but now has a chance to prove a point under the boss he played for at Blackpool.

1. 5259807.jpg

Palace boss Ian Holloway thinks Barry Bannan could be a big player for the club. Photo: CPFC Communications

“He’s played over 70 times at Aston Villa and he’s still very, very young, so I’m delighted to hook up with him again,” Holloway told Advertiser Sport.

“The passes he’s got, I think we’ve got the squad around him to get that balance across the midfield that we can defend, and he can be good as he wants to be.

“I’ve just got to make sure he wants to be as good as I think he can be.

“I think he could be a big player for Palace. His range of passing, for me, with the type of player he is, he could slot into Barcelona’s team.

“He has long range passes and short range passes. I think he has a point to prove, and the last time I had him at Blackpool, he was going to be a superstar at Villa, but now they’ve just sold him to me.

“My challenge to him is to say ‘come on then, where are you?’”

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Good call Ian, he'll slot right into Barca's team. They actually came in for him on deadline day too but they couldn't match his ambition. Fabregas is two and a half years older than him so they'll probably ship him out to fund another attempt next season. The only question is how do Madrid top a signing like that.

Hilarious.

Didn't play at all again for Scotland tonight.

I didn't see Palace pulling out all of the stops to sign him when he came within a whisker of joining Blackburn...

Maybe Holloway means that Barcelona are so good they are able to carry this wally?

Edited by AstonMartin82

Spoke too soon!

Scotland make the deserved breakthrough and it's that man Ikechi Anya who collects a cracking pass from Barry Bannan and arrows a shot across Pacovski into the net. His first goal on his first full start for Scotland. Not too shabby is it?

Bannan scores unconventional overhead kick in training

One man who looks especially sharp is Crystal Palace midfielder Barry Bannan, who shows off his powers of improvisation during the drill.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/international/238944-barry-bannan-scores-an-unconventional-free-kick-during-scotland-training/

Boss talks up Bannan potential

Crystal Palace boss Ian Holloway has hailed deadline-day signing Barry Bannan and says his style of play is suited to Barcelona.

"The passes he's got, I think we've got the squad around him to get that balance across the midfield that we can defend, and he can be as good as he wants to be. I've just got to make sure he wants to be as good as I think he can be.