Barry Bannan

villianusa

Wonder if we have a buyback. Always thought he had technical potential, but just couldn't get his head sorted, poor decisions on and off the pitch. Dunno if the Championship is the right league for him, probably needs to be somewhere where he won't get trampled to death every match. Too bad British footballers don't really go abroad anymore, he'd probably be ok in Italy, Spain, etc.

I believe there is a sell on clause in his contract though.

Apparently we get 15% of the knife he uses to cut the oranges with at half time as he won't be needing that at the Kings Arms because apparently  they can't afford any oranges. as their budget doesn't stretch that far.

Maloney didn't leave because he wasn't good enough, though. And he came back to the PL and won a fair amount of praise before his team got relegated.

I didn't say he did.

He wasn't good enough though and he will be in the championship next season as seemingly no PL managers want him.

So he left villa and he wasn't good enough and he's being equated to Bannan (who is leaving Villa because he isn't good enough), but he didn't leave because he wasn't good enough.   My apologies for drawing the incorrect conclusion from that.

Anyway, my comment was as much aimed at villabromsgrove to point out that Bannan is less likely to come good than Maloney since Bannan is leaving precisely because he's been judged not good enough the first time around.   I was personally disappointed to see Maloney go.   He added some much needed creativity when the team weren't counter attacking, and I think he proved at Wigan that he can play at the PL level.  Not his fault they went down.  Just because other PL managers haven't judged him to be worth whatever Wigan would want for him plus whatever his wages are doesn't necessarily mean none of them think he's good enough.

• Like 1

Agree. I was baffled by the way MON treated Maloney, starting with his half time substitution when he was on a hat-trick at Chelsea. I've always wondered if this wasn't the moment that he decided he'd had it with MON.

Definitely a far better player than Bannan.

• Like 1

Can't believe that such a limited squad player so obviously devoid of any of the necessary talent to be a premiership footballer has a 381 thread about him.

Good riddance is about all I wish him

Can't believe that such a limited squad player so obviously devoid of any of the necessary talent to be a premiership footballer has a 381 thread about him.

Can't be bothered to check, but I assume that a large amount of posts were made after the season actually ended as well.

Can we just lock the thread?

Is this actually happening? Seems to be taking longer than expected! I have a feeling we are going to be disappointed like when any links to players we have are suddenly quashed!

A hell of a lot of it has been Con baiting and gloating from the same few posters, using gif's and tired arguments. If anybody has tried to start a semi interesting debate, which MIGHT sound like it could possibly be defending Bannan the usual jump on it, with pathetic childish, abusive posts. A mod of all people even desimisses a perfectly legitimate debate by saying 'oh this is just boring and tired, I can wait to lock it' I got a warning for a similar post once. Ok mr mod! God forbid this thread god repetitive and boring. Carry on with the gloating.

A hell of a lot of it has been Con baiting and gloating from the same few posters, using gif's and tired arguments. If anybody has tried to start a semi interesting debate, which MIGHT sound like it could possibly be defending Bannan the usual jump on it, with pathetic childish, abusive posts. A mod of all people even desimisses a perfectly legitimate debate by saying 'oh this is just boring and tired, I can wait to lock it' I got a warning for a similar post once. Ok mr mod! God forbid this thread god repetitive and boring. Carry on with the gloating.

I'd just like to point out that on more than one occassion I tried to engage in a semi interesting debate with Con about Bannan, once I was also defending Bannan and pointing out what I thought his strengths were and why I didn't think he was using them effectively.

And it was me who was met with childish and abusive posts from Con.

Don't act like this is all one way. it's not.

Bannan isn't as bad as some say at all. When he goes to Celtic, he'll prob play in some Champions League games in good home victories for the Hoops.

He's not great like, but he's guilty of always trying to play some ridiculous passes.

Also, I've no doubt that he'll probably make some Bannan-like silly comments when he leaves which will make people really hate him.

Taking so long, you would think Blackburn would be trying hard to complete the deal before Bannan defeats England and gives Scotland their independence, putting another few pounds on his value.

362 of them are from Con, quoting stats proving he is world class.

a pay cut? He cant be on more than 10k a week. Id imagine some of their players are on 4 times that

There was a time when his stock was high as a promising youngster. It wouldn't surprise me if he was on at least £20k given that the Fonz is rumoured to be on something like £25k for similar reasons (to ward off interest at the time).