Barry Bannan

villianusa

TBH I think bannan with 2/3 seasons under his belt will come of age as a late bloomer in footballing terms, really think there is potential and talent there but not enough core ability at present to get enough of a consistant run in the team to make any thing of it .... really wouldnt be suprised if in two seasons after a good run and confidence from banging in a few in a lower league he'll come good, maybe not world class but a tidy lower end/ mid prem weekly squad player ... best of luck boyo if you get your move...

I think you are.

Stalemate I reckon.

My advice is to re read the last few posts, and ignore Aston Martin 82's posts as it just confuses the issue, as it has done for you. Go back to the original question in reply to Smertov.

Have done. Same answer.

To be honest the question doesn't make any sense, at least to me. For the life of me I can't figure it out.

If you cannot bring yourself to wish Bannan well, because you morally object to his driving misdemeanour, does the same go for Delph?

He's answered that you've just not understood.

He wishes them both well on the pitch in a Villa shirt. Bannan no longer plays for Aston Villa so he's JUST a silly prick.

But that question wasn't strictly aimed at him, from what I can see, but at smetrov and Kingfisher has assumed that Aston was on smetrov's side as he seemingly entered the discussion defending smetrov's view. smetrov said he would wish Bannan well, but couldn't 'cause of the driving thing, therefore does that thought process extend to Delph?

Well at least one person kept up! :P

Still the same answer. I don't understand what you don't understand.

If you don't wish Bannan well, does that extend to Delph? Aston said he does wish Bannan well, so I've no argument with him, he missed the point.

I want to know why someone wouldn't wish Bannan well, as per the original question, to Smertov. Why would drink driving suddenly become a problem if a player was being sold, or playing badly? That seems like a moral double standard. So I asked the question regarding Delph, who has a similar conviction to see if there was a double standard on his part, and if there was he could perhaps explain how he justifies it.

I hope this explanation has helped.

We wish Delph well for the sake of Aston Villa.

We don't wish Bannan well because he's no longer part of the club.

I say we, I'm playing devils advocate. Humans make mistakes.

But the whole point of the OP was that smetrov would wish Bannan well at Blackburn, but can't because of the driving issue, so does that mean he doesn't wish Delph well, it has nothing to do with whether he plays for Villa or not.

• Like 1

Wherever Bannan goes as long as he applies himself to the football rather than the lifestyle he's going to be a decent player. We haven't heard the last of wee Barry, remember Maloney!

Yeah I remember him, he wasn't good enough either and like Bannan will be getting kicked out of games in the Championship next season.

Wherever Bannan goes as long as he applies himself to the football rather than the lifestyle he's going to be a decent player. We haven't heard the last of wee Barry, remember Maloney!

Yeah I remember him, he wasn't good enough either and like Bannan will be getting kicked out of games in the Championship next season.

They may well both be kicked out of games in the Championship but that doesn't stop them being good players. Hutton would not be kicked out of the championship but that doesn't make him a good player does it?

They may well both be kicked out of games in the Championship but that doesn't stop them being good players. Hutton would not be kicked out of the championship but that doesn't make him a good player does it?

No it doesn't. My point was more that the two of them will be in the championship and the reason for that is they aren't very good.

It does in the Championship.

Maloney didn't leave because he wasn't good enough, though. And he came back to the PL and won a fair amount of praise before his team got relegated.

I didn't say he did.

He wasn't good enough though and he will be in the championship next season as seemingly no PL managers want him.