Barry Bannan

villianusa

42 is the answer to everything

Therefore, Bannan is the answer.

Although, as Deep Thought pointed out, the answer only makes sense if you know what the question was...

How many roads must a man walk down...? - Barry Bannan

How many Vogons does it take to change a lightbulb...? - Barry Bannan

How many crosses must Bannan make before someone scores from one of his deliveries...? - 42 ........

It's this kind of essential undecidability that I love about life...

Barry Bannan ladies and gentlemen. The answer to everything.

Edited by AshVillain

Not sure what you two found objectionable about his post immediately preceding yours.  I thought it was quite reasonable and would have been judged as such by you and others if the poster had been anyone else.  Brings into question who's on the wind up here.   Some of you seem to like to come on this thread just so you can smugly ridicule Con and make him look the fool.   Unfortunately for you, your efforts have a broader reach than intended and the result is that Con has plenty of company in the parade.

Some of us would like to come on here and see if there's any actual news about Bannan's status.   Not because we think he's great.   Not because we think he's crap.   Not because we love him.  Not because we think he's a word removed.   But because he's a Villa player whose status is uncertain and the resolution of which can have an impact on the future of the team.  It's pretty clear by now who rates him and who doesn't and the reasons why, so please stop all the baiting of each other and allow this thread to provide some useful information or new insight for a change.

Don't know if you're on the wind up too. How anyone who watches villa regularly can say that Westwood will be usurped by a bunch of youth players whilst claiming that his favorite player's number is #23 is beyond my understanding.

Like it matters, Con is on the ignore list so I don't have to see his drivel anymore.

Edited by Kwan

Don't know if you're on the wind up too. How anyone who watches villa regularly can say that Westwood will be usurped by a bunch of youth players whilst claiming that his favorite player's number is #23 is beyond my understanding.

Like it matters, Con is on the ignore list so I don't have to see his drivel anymore.

-He confirmed his mistake and acknowledged Bannan has been replaced.

-He expressed excitement about up and coming players, leaving behind all his silly bigging up of Bannan.  In other words, he moved on,  which is exactly what the lot of you have supposedly been telling him to do all along.

-He suggested Westwood will be challenged for a regular spot this year (not by Bannan), which is not an unfathomable opinion even though I don't expect it to be borne out.  He did not say Westwood will be usurped.

And you jumped all over him just the same way a bunch of you have done all along when he was spouting some "unique" opinions about Bannan's abilities.   Tells me you're not interested in discussing Bannan or the impact of his departure but just looking to get your shots in at Con and winding him up.  Start a Con thread and take it there if you feel the need....

• Like 3

-He confirmed his mistake and acknowledged Bannan has been replaced.

-He expressed excitement about up and coming players, leaving behind all his silly bigging up of Bannan.  In other words, he moved on,  which is exactly what the lot of you have supposedly been telling him to do all along.

-He suggested Westwood will be challenged for a regular spot this year (not by Bannan), which is not an unfathomable opinion even though I don't expect it to be borne out.  He did not say Westwood will be usurped.

And you jumped all over him just the same way a bunch of you have done all along when he was spouting some "unique" opinions about Bannan's abilities.   Tells me you're not interested in discussing Bannan or the impact of his departure but just looking to get your shots in at Con and winding him up.  Start a Con thread and take it there if you feel the need....

You'll need to stop speaking sense - it's lost on the majority. After all, we had a "Transfer Rumours" thread in which the discussion for around 10 pages a while back was purely about a former poster, not any possible transfer targets. :rolleyes:

Back to Bannan - the mooted move away (if true) would be good for him. With the additions of Tonev, Helenius, Bacuna, Sylla and Gardner to our midfield it appears Bannan has slipped down the pecking order and he would find it difficult to get a run of regular football.

I find it interesting that Lambert's views on players seem to correspond quite closely with the fan view.

Often the fans are baffled why player X or player Y keep being picked but with Lambert's team sheets they often reflect what the fans have also been calling for.

I guess that is why the fans remained largely supportive even through the terrible season last year. They could usually see what he was trying to do.

Is Con on his way to Blackburn?

How can we ever replace him?

Will Con get locked when this thread get's locked too?....................Locked up that is ;)

Rovers & out.

Don't worry Con, I promise to visit you in the asylum. I'm in the cell next door! :)

Edited by villa-revolution