Barry Bannan

villianusa

Bannan blanked at last nights reserves/youth game by Lambert, according to my work mate (who is a sha fan).

Just to add a bit of gossip to the borefest/ heatmapfest/ trollfest that is the Bannan thread.

Does that mean he wasn't played?

Nah he wasn't played. My mate said that Weimann and Bannan were watching the game

They're all waiting for the Scotland vs England game. Want to know how cheap they can get him. Everyone's waiting to see who makes the first move.

So let me get this right... they can get him on a free now or they could wait till after the England game where he is going to play so well he will command a fee of £10m?

Don't you think it is more likely that Bannan is waiting for any old Premier League club to come in for him? This will probably go to the final day of the transfer window and then he'll join a Championship side.

So let me get this right... they can get him on a free now or they could wait till after the England game where he is going to play so well he will command a fee of £10m?

Don't you think it is more likely that Bannan is waiting for any old Premier League club to come in for him? This will probably go to the final day of the transfer window and then he'll join a Championship side.

Why do you think he is going "on a free"? Anyone say that, or is that the Barry Bias?

The England-Scotland game could be the difference between £1m - £3m. For players in his category that difference is not to be sniffed at.

A stormer against England, Premier League team, he will have multiple Premier League teams come in and go for top price.

A game like he did against Croatia, where he worked for the team and did enough without being spectacular, he will interest Premier League teams but go £1.5m top.

Bad game or not played at all, transfer probably £1m, possibly to Championship side but I somehow doubt it. If nothing else he would be too useful in training for Premier League teams.

£1m on a transfer fee, £1m to Bannan to pay off his contract as he didn't ask to leave the club. Negotiations will go along the lines of you can leave for nothing as long as you don't get paid off... increasing his options and negotiation power on salary.

Not everything is Barry bias... 

Your comment still makes no sense as any potential clubs would have seen him play in the PL too many times last season and there is a very good chance he won't even get a look in at the England match.

You need to be far more balanced to be taken even remotely seriously. 

So, let me get this right. Clubs want him but rather than sign him now for £1m they are waiting for him to play against England so they can pay £1m or have to pay more if he plays well? That makes lots of sense.

They don't want to put an official bid in because it would start the bidding at £1 million, and inevitably immediately go up to £1.5m if someone else wants him.

If they just pretend they don't want to buy, if he doesn't start the Scotland game they could save 500k.

So, let me get this right. Clubs want him but rather than sign him now for £1m they are waiting for him to play against England so they can pay £1m or have to pay more if he plays well? That makes lots of sense.

They don't want to put an official bid in because it would start the bidding at £1 million, and inevitably immediately go up to £1.5m if someone else wants him.

If they just pretend they don't want to buy, if he doesn't start the Scotland game they could save 500k.

It really wouldn't.

Edited by AstonMartin82

Your comment still makes no sense as any potential clubs would have seen him play in the PL too many times last season and there is a very good chance he won't even get a look in at the England match.

You need to be far more balanced to be taken even remotely seriously. 

You are arguing from the POV he play badly. He did not play badly. Showed some good signs, working hard for the team, and being a great crosser.

He's shown there is quality to work with.

I think Strachan said he would start the Scotland match with the same team that beat Croatia.

£1m on a transfer fee, £1m to Bannan to pay off his contract as he didn't ask to leave the club. Negotiations will go along the lines of you can leave for nothing as long as you don't get paid off... increasing his options and negotiation power on salary.

Do you know this is being said?

Why should Bannan not get paid off, and get the salary he wants.

Again, it's like you think he's totally useless.

Utter nonsense.

• Like 1

Surely a professional club wouldn't base a seven figure bid purely on the fact that a player did or didn't start one international friendly. That is preposterous, to put it mildly.

This imaginary bidding war between Europe's elite is just as likely to happen whether or not Banniesta starts a ceremonial friendly.

Sometimes I think Con is being serious. Then he posts something like this