Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

Oh i think this has been thought through, and it been thought through alot. McLeish would be fully aware of Downings situation when he sat down with Lerner at the interview stage. Hes made it clear as day he wants to leave. If anything, McLeish has played a blinder by eventually making Liverpool pay what we wanted to pay. That money will now go a LONG way to making the squad much stronger all round, rather than a couple of primadonnas on the wings who think the world revolves around them.

Stu you genuinely life in your own little world of optimism. I have no doubt that we will spend some money, but I think it will be no where near 40 million.

Two prima donna wingers?? Thats what you call the former creative hub of our team, England internations in their prime. Seriously??

Just the same as you live in your own little world of pessimism. Its just what makes us happy at the end of the day i guess.

And yes, Young and Downing are both primadonnas. Seriously.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree - he's pretty average at best. I know he won our player of the season last season but, let's be honest, that's not much of an accolade

Can anybody think of who would have come in second place for POTY??

I know i cant. Apart from maybe Bent. In fact, i would have given it to Bent over Downing. The fact that Bent was only here for the final 6 months says alot.

Funny I've been saying for a while we were a feeder club only to get dogs abuse on here for it. Who'd have thought it

Some clubs have got more money than us Richard, get over it.

:crylaugh:

You wont me to get over it? Funny as I have been saying for two years we do not have enough money and it is other fans who have been telling me I am talking bollocks!

You're making out if you are some kind of Nostradamus. Waiting ...still....for the plaudits of your amazing prediction. It was obvious from day one that we still didn't have the dough of the likes of chelski and man u.

Ungrateful shit. **** furious with him. Why can't anyone have any sense of perspective in the football world? If you're going to jump ship and your agent is whispering in your ear, don't for the love of God say bucketloads of quotes about how great it all is and you want to stay then bugger off as soon as 'the mighty Liverpool' come knocking.

If I hear 'I want to chance to play Champions League football' one more time I'm going to stalk players, find their phone numbers and scream down the phone to them

"DO YOU KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO GET PAID DOUBLE WHAT I GET PAID IN A YEAR PER WEEK TO PLAY FOOTBALL FOR A LARGE CLUB? IS THAT NOT ENOUGH?"

We would still have £30m to spend + whatever AM was given in the first place.

Nothing, I imagine!!

We need 5 in just to stand still (Freidel, Walker, NRC, Young, Downing) and 2 or 3 more class acts if we are to improve

We are dreadfully weak and lacking creativity in midfield and upfront. Signing a few makeweights from relegated and bottom six sides isnt going to change that.

Next on the agenda will be the regular "shame xxx hasn't had a full pre-season with us - it will take until 2012 until they are up to speed"

Shameful whats gone on - I bet all the MON critics would love to go back to those bad old days now

PROUD HISTORY, BLEAK FUTURE

Shameful whats gone on - I bet all the MON critics would love to go back to those bad old days now

Yeah, I wonder what the fans who wanted MON out are thinking now.

It is often a case of "you don't know what you've got till it's gone".

"DO YOU KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO GET PAID DOUBLE WHAT I GET PAID IN A YEAR PER WEEK TO PLAY FOOTBALL FOR A LARGE CLUB? IS THAT NOT ENOUGH?"

Unfortunately it's not. If I were a footballer i'd want to play in the Champions League too.

As a fan I wish there were no Champions League. I'm sick of hearing about it.

My gran could have been in the running for that if she'd been played given that most performances were gutless - and she's been dead 20 years.

Is that you Mr Ireland :winkold:

I work in Liverpool and most Reds are pretty pissed off they've wasted that amount of money on him.

They must be suicidal over the £20m for Henderson then.

From a Liverpool view I'm happy with the Downing signing, been a while since we've had a genuine winger, £20m is excessive but then the entire transfer market is crazy at the moment.

As for Henderson, the fee was £13m plus £3m add-ons, don't believe the £20m hype going around.

Yeah, I wonder what the fans who wanted MON out are thinking now.

It is often a case of "you don't know what you've got till it's gone".

Better the clearing in the woods you know more like.

Very disappointed with the board. This summer was always going to be a statement of intent and the intent from the board would appear to be mid-table finishes. Forget the 5 year plan. Forget the Champions League target. We are now one small level above Wigan.

I can understand selling Young - it makes sense. It makes no sense to sell Downing. Did we let Barry go after he fought so much more a few years ago? No we didn't, and this situation is almost identical. We have given up as a club, and to me that is unacceptable.

We didn't need to sell Downing, and we didn't need to let Friedel go.

Poor.

we didn't need to let Friedel go.

This was for me a massive board mistake as it was up to them to sign his contract

If they don't sign someone better than Friedel then it will have been a mistake. you can't call it a mistake before you know whats happened.

Don't worry, we still have some fansliving in cloud cookoo land thinking everything will be okay and we'll master the arts of the transfer market thanks to the talented Alex McLeish and the board.

It'll probably take a relegation for them to realise the shit has hit the fan.

If they don't sign someone better than Friedel then it will have been a mistake. you can't call it a mistake before you know whats happened.

Ender4 if we had friedel then we would have a good keeper still and would be able to spend 4m on a outfield player instead, given would be a good signing but if we would have signed friedel then there would be no worry.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â