Gone: Downing shows real loyalty to us

andykeenan

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was always going to go.

We just had to make it look as though we didnt want to sell him. It was just a matter of time before we got the usual "we did all we could to keep the player but when a player wants to go and a team is willing to meet our valuation......."

Its a good job that Randy is going to back his manager like he has always done. Isnt that right General K.

Who would of guessed it................

Villa is a stepping stone to the top 4 or 5 clubs, we are a feeder club. I cant understand why people still believe otherwise?!?!?

Entirely correct. Everyone talks about the 3 tiers of the PL.

You have the top 4/5

You have the relegation candidates,

and you have the Inbetweeners (meh... if only... bus rocket polishers!)

The Inbetweeners buy the relegation candidates best players, the guys that have the quality to stay in the PL (i.e. Scott Parker/N'Zogbia).

The top teams then buy the players from the Inbetweeners, and on the odd occassion from the relegation candidates, who they think are European Quality.

The best way to change what tier you are in (to go up) is to use the system to get up there (with money it helps). You bring through youth/buy lesser teams players - show how good they are, they get called up to their national team - then sell these players on for a bigger fee.

Tottenham have been doing this for some time, and (yes with a little bit of money) they found themselves in the CL, and now top 6. It just takes patience and confidence, which no one seems to have.

EDIT: The amount of typos in here makes me feel bad for my English GCSEs.

I should have said I prefer Albrighton

Different thing all together then mate, i agree, he has the potential to be better than Downing.

No way can i see Albrighton being able to play at full pelt for an entire season he's still young and developing.. needs to be rotated alongside a senior winger

I should have said I prefer Albrighton

Different thing all together then mate, i agree, he has the potential to be better than Downing.

No way can i see Albrighton being able to play at full pelt for an entire season he's still young and developing.. needs to be rotated alongside a senior winger

I didnt say he could, i said he has the potential to be better than Downing. I agree that there is no way he should be considered week in week out, he is still very raw and has alot to learn and his game will develop.

Eventually i believe he will turn out to be better than Downing, but at the moment he nowhere near imo.

Funny I've been saying for a while we were a feeder club only to get dogs abuse on here for it. Who'd have thought it

The problem is thats all you say, everything seems to be bad at Villa and posting it every day your bound to get something right.

Funny I've been saying for a while we were a feeder club only to get dogs abuse on here for it. Who'd have thought it

Ive said it all along too mate, like when this first came out and people were saying that Liverpool would be a sideways step....clueless!

Well of course you would be wrong. We are not in the business of developing players for the purpose of selling them instantly, we are just crap at keeping our players stuck to our ambitions

I have never rated Downing since Borough, he has always been a whining little shite, never tried to beat anybody and doesn't pass the bloody football forward. He had a good season last year and was player of the year, but it was in a poor team having a poor season. I have a couple of Liverpool fans absolutely gutted that he has turned up for 20M.

Saying that I would have still had him in our first 11 if he had stayed as our team is not very strong but the little weasel put in a transfer request.

This whole thing has made me realise how professional and respectful Man Utd and Ashley Young were in that transfer and how decent Ashley was all the way through it.

I hope he gets eaten by a great white shark.

I hope he falls down the stairs and breaks a leg, and can't play for a season. That would be justice for us paying him good wages to sit around injured for a year.

Did people honestly think he wasnt gonna leave?! It was ALWAYS going to happen, the only stumbling block was the fee. But now we have the fee we wanted (20m, dont let any Liverpool journos try and tell you its any less) everybodys a winner. Ive said all along its in the clubs best interests to sell this tosser at this point in time...he wants to go so just let the **** go!!! Hes a pussyfooted shirker who only cares about money...id rather NOT have him here anyway.

So, to summarise, im happy hes gone. No, scrap that...im fookin delighted. Im looking forward to that money being well spent on some younger hungrier players who want to play for this club. We can start by signing N'Zogbia. Adam Johnson would also be a good signing and i can definitely see him going if Citeh get Nasri.

VTID.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â