The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

11 minutes ago, spiezels said:

The way he come back from injury, scored that volley against derby, 10 game winning run and win the play off final was absolutely epic, he dragged us up and took the responsibility, played injured. He gained legend status in my eyes on that run. 

That run of results was mental.

He scored some lovely goals for us, the one v Rotherham I'd forgot how good that was. 

Just a shame he and his family, had their head turned. 

But he got what he went for I guess and we have moved on, much quicker than anyone would have expected. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26

57 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

That run of results was mental.

He scored some lovely goals for us, the one v Rotherham I'd forgot how good that was. 

Just a shame he and his family, had their head turned. 

But he got what he went for I guess and we have moved on, much quicker than anyone would have expected. 

We’d also he financially completely **** without his sale. 

Had to happen. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/08/2024 at 13:34, spiezels said:

We’d also he financially completely **** without his sale. 

Had to happen. 

That 100m is what enabled us to invest in a top 4 squad. 

His sale dropped out of the books this summer which is why we had to sell Luiz and Diaby but we could not have gotten champions league if we hadn’t gotten that 100m PSR benefit. 

It amuses me slightly that he’s in the same boat as many normal people. We could all go and work somewhere else where we’d enjoy our lives a bit more but it would come with a pay cut we don’t want to take.

I don’t reckon City would be too upset if he told them he wanted to leave on loan and would take a pay cut to make it happen. 

Bit different for him as he has millions in the bank he’ll probably never spend.

16 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

One of Pep's biggest crimes is shackling that player

I think the problem is KDB. That's the position Jack wants to play in and KDB is ahead of him and Foden is next in line when KDB goes to Saudi next summer. Jack is stuck out on the wing like Mahrez used to be. Stockpiling talent.  

He's also not helped by Pep's insistence on retaining possession and not taking risks. 

Edited by villa89

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

I think the problem is KDB. That's the position Jack wants to play in and KDB is ahead of him and Foden is next in line when KDB goes to Saudi next summer. Jack is stuck out on the wing like Mahrez used to be. Stockpiling talent.  

I still reckon Pep signed him to be KDB's successor but hasn't trusted him in that position for whatever reason. Big season for him IMO, but he certainly looks to have the bit between his teeth so far

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Was looking like prime 20/21 Grealish out there today. One of Pep's biggest crimes is shackling that player

Again just like against Ireland, he was playing against a lower level of player today.

The Finland back 4 played in Sweden, Poland, USA and Bundesliga 2 and not for the good teams in them leagues

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Again just like against Ireland, he was playing against a lower level of player today.

The Finland back 4 played in Sweden, Poland, USA and Bundesliga 2 and not for the good teams in them leagues

He doesn't look like this ever, for City or England previously. It's definitely a coaching thing. Smith and seemingly Carlsley now seem to give him license to play his game.

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

If foden or Bellingham were fit he probably doesn't play

As it was he was one of England's best players across the 2 games 

I thought he was very good, but if I was going to be a bit critical I think he drifts quite far to the left, seemed to cramp Gordon a bit. But still very good, and definitely entertaining to watch again. 

On 10/09/2024 at 22:00, Zatman said:

Doesn't explain why he looked head and shoulders above any other England player playing against the same opponents. He looked every inch the senior star player in the team. 

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Doesn't explain why he looked head and shoulders above any other England player playing against the same opponents. He looked every inch the senior star player in the team. 

Its 3 games into the club season, the players arent going to go flat out when league and Champions League coming up

Grealish is probably the only England player who wont start regularly so could go full blast

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its 3 games into the club season, the players arent going to go flat out when league and Champions League coming up

Grealish is probably the only England player who wont start regularly so could go full blast

argument-fight.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

Do you genuinely believe that post?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â