The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

On 31/07/2024 at 00:47, Keyblade said:

Forget Joao Felix, bring him home

Actually I'd agree...

Some rumours today that Villa might move for him, I think he wants out of there?

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He’s on £300k a week. It’s not happening. 

How much was Coutinho on when he was at Barcelona? He took a massive wage cut; it's possible.

If we leave subjectivity out of the equation!

20 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

How much was Coutinho on when he was at Barcelona? He took a massive wage cut; it's possible.

If we leave subjectivity out of the equation!

He’s 29 soon also, just don’t see an upside to it. That ship has sailed. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Maybe, maybe not...

We just signed a 30 year old by the way in Ross Barkley, to illustrate it's not always age dependant.

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

As was Coutinho when we signed him, though he was already physically shot by that point due to injury. Grealish seems to still be at his physical peak. I don't see how that ship has sailed as we never had a chance of signing him in the first 3 years of his contract. The ship has only just docked.

I imagine it wont happen, but would love to see what he could do in our current squad of players. 

Buendia. Bailey, Rogers, Tielemens, Grealish, Torres, maatsen.

Thats pretty exciting on paper. 

At 29, I’d sign him, could get another 5 years out of him, get him to drop his wage demands to say £200k, I’m sure he won’t massively miss the £100k if you cushion it with good bonuses. 

Regain the love the nation had for him and get all his sponsorship deals back. 

And get back into the England team.

51 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I imagine it wont happen, but would love to see what he could do in our current squad of players. 

Buendia. Bailey, Rogers, Tielemens, Grealish, Torres, maatsen.

Thats pretty exciting on paper. 

Read this part and for some reason thought was the Steve Bruce thread😂😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

At 29, I’d sign him, could get another 5 years out of him, get him to drop his wage demands to say £200k, I’m sure he won’t massively miss the £100k if you cushion it with good bonuses. 

He missed almost half of the season with injuries when he was 25, how many games do you expect him to get when he's 34?

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Maybe, maybe not...

We just signed a 30 year old by the way in Ross Barkley, to illustrate it's not always age dependant.

That's a fair point, but Ross knows he's coming in as a rotation/backup option. Jack obviously would not be.

18 hours ago, The_Steve said:

That's a fair point, but Ross knows he's coming in as a rotation/backup option. Jack obviously would not be.

And just as importantly, he cost a relative pittance

• Like 1

As much as I think he’d bring a lot to our team playing wise, I could see Jack coming back in expecting to be worshipped as the main man. We’ve moved past that now and it’s no longer about one player, I just can help but think he’d expect it to be like last time. 

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

As much as I think he’d bring a lot to our team playing wise, I could see Jack coming back in expecting to be worshipped as the main man. We’ve moved past that now and it’s no longer about one player, I just can help but think he’d expect it to be like last time. 

Whilst I don’t disagree he’s also played to the tune of being a cog as part of a machine for 3 years at city so he can do it, probably because he’s winning trophies 

• Like 1

Grealish will probably come back at some point, but I don't see it happening this year. Even if Villa can afford him (I don't know one way or the other), he's a competitor and isn't going to want to leave City on a low note. I think that he'd rather fight his way back into the starting XI, stay a few years, then leave.

On 01/08/2024 at 03:13, ThunderPower_14 said:

Bring him home

Why?

So he can build his name up again? Tell everyone how much our club means to him… and then bugger off to the highest bidder??

All that drinking and bad lifestyle I can see him being completely washed up by the age of 30

I don't want an attacking player who don't score goals. Bailey is twice the player

3 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Why?

So he can build his name up again? Tell everyone how much our club means to him… and then bugger off to the highest bidder??

If that's what happens, great, because he'll have played well and increased his value, vital in the FFP era.

If we can lure him back cheaply because of his connection to the club, then we're in a good spot regardless of what happens. Unai would have him playing at his best, he's excellent at the way we attack, with composure in and around the box to find a shot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Why?

Oh no, we don't want a player playing well for Aston Villa and possibly netting them some profit. We have to think of your feelings first.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â