The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Gareth wants defenders. If he built a attacking team, Grealish would have gone all day. No other manager would leave him out. He's what's been missing on that left hand side, Tripper can defend, but looks amateur in attack to what Grealish brings.

Grealish had an awful season

I wouldn't have picked him either

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Gareth wants defenders. If he built a attacking team, Grealish would have gone all day. No other manager would leave him out. He's what's been missing on that left hand side, Tripper can defend, but looks amateur in attack to what Grealish brings.

Well, yeah... One's a right back playing left back, the other is a £100m left-winger...

Grealish wasn't better than Foden, Bellingham, Saka or Palmer last season. These were his competition (not Trippier...). He's not what we've missed at all. He's just another player who wants the ball into feet (like Kane, Foden and Bellingham already do).

Eze and Gordon were his competition to get in the squad. It's arguable he's better than them, but I'd argue his form was worse than all of them last season. Eze is probably stylistically more similar to Grealish / Gordon more similar to Rashford.

It's definitely arguable that we needed someone to run off Kane, hug the left. I'd have said Rashford was more missed than Grealish - Kane always plays well with pace around him (Son, Sterling, Sane, etc.). Regardless, this was before we switched shape. We looked decent yesterday in spells. On last season's form, Jack is rightly nowhere near this starting XI (and has never in his career hit the levels that Foden, Saka and Bellingham have hit anyway).

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Looked great in that Friendly before the Euros started.

Grealish doesn't score goals that's the problem

10 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

He always said his ultimate dream was to win a trophy with England.  But he's sacrificed it for his hollow meaningless trophies that might even end up not standing in the history books.

He'll be gutted not being a part of this for sure.

He hasn't sacrificed anything. He is infinitely more likely to get picked for England playing for City, than Villa. He just lost form. If he stayed at Villa and played like he did last season he'd still not be in the squad (and he'd just have no PL / CL medals).

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He came off the bench and got an assist against a tired Bosnia and Herzegovina. I think how he performed over the season carries more weight than those 31 minutes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Grealish doesn't score goals that's the problem

Neither do England...

But I agree with the idea that this must be hurting him, he got his mega move, he's won everything, he's made ludicrous amount of money not just fro city but Gucci and puma too, he's got a small amount of global recognition...but he's failed with England, the move has done nothing for him, he's got 36 caps and I'm not sure anyone really knows how anymore, if he was in this euros squad he wouldn't have got off the bench yet, he doesn't deserve it based on his city season but maybe more importantly he's also done absolutely nothing to cement himself as a key England player who Southgate needs 

Always thought that when he was here that if he were to leave, he should go abroad and be a big fish in a small pond as he thrives on being the main man before eventually moving onto a club with title winning aspirations.

I appreciate he's won the three main trophies at City and he will be rich beyond his wildest dreams, although it wasn't like he was being paid a pittance when he was here. But when City do get rid, which I could see them doing this summer or next and I don't imagine there will be a queue of clubs waiting to sign him, whether he will regret moving to City so soon.

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Against a team that didnt qualify who had a Bundesliga 2 centre back playing out of position

25 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Do you think he's ever so slightly relieved England didn't win so he didn't miss out?

on the piss up afterwards

The thing is with him being left out/loss of form is he's not 23-24 and can knuckle down in a season and get it back, these are apparently his prime years and soon will be the wrong side of 30

10 minutes ago, rodders129 said:

I see City have just bought a £30m Brazilian left winger. Going to be stiff competition to get a kick this season 

Oh the chap from Troyes (City Group), who was on loan to Girona (City Group), nothing slightly off about that deal 😂

55 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

The thing is with him being left out/loss of form is he's not 23-24 and can knuckle down in a season and get it back, these are apparently his prime years and soon will be the wrong side of 30

We have a spot free behind Ollie, bring him home (on loan)

I have always been against him coming back. I felt the way the City move all transpired was a real kick in the teeth to us as fans and as a club. 

But there is now a part of me that looks back to how good he was for us. He was majestic at times. And to see him rotting at a plastic club is a little bit sad.

I don't think it would happen, but if Diaby is offski, I'd probably rather have Jack back then spunking wedge on Felix. 

It's difficult cos I feel we are now a much better side than the one he left and don't miss his silly antics but part of me just wants to see him be the player he was for a season or two. 

15 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I have always been against him coming back. I felt the way the City move all transpired was a real kick in the teeth to us as fans and as a club. 

But there is now a part of me that looks back to how good he was for us. He was majestic at times. And to see him rotting at a plastic club is a little bit sad.

I don't think it would happen, but if Diaby is offski, I'd probably rather have Jack back then spunking wedge on Felix. 

It's difficult cos I feel we are now a much better side than the one he left and don't miss his silly antics but part of me just wants to see him be the player he was for a season or two. 

He's way better than Felix, and Diaby as well as much as I liked him. He'll go back to being our best player again within a couple of months I reckon.

He's 28, 29 in September, with known injury issues that go back to even the days he was in the championship with us.

He isn't the spring chicken, majestic player we all remember, he clearly still has it in his locker, but with the transfer fee and salary needed to bring him back, as well as the long contract taking him well in to his 30s, with his known injury/fatigue issues, it would be a terrible decision.

A single year loan, maybe, but actually buying him?, no thanks.

That kind of money could be invested much more intelligently.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â