The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

The boy has an extremely important summer coming up. I don't begrudge anyone a beer but he needs to stay out of the limelight, focus on his football, and get back to being the player we know he can be.

In my opinion, he needs to move on to a team that is more flexible in their attacking approach. He's won everything there is to win at City as a team player, but the style just doesn't suit him. He doesn't need so stay for titles, he's won them already. He needs to stay injury free, negative headline free, and get back to when he was an absolute delight of a player. No England manager would be able to deny him a place at the next tournament then. At his peak, there's nobody like him.

Sadly for us, and for all his achievements, Pep's denied the footballing world that version of Jack.

I doubt he cares though, he can spend the summer smashed out of his face knowing he's got 3 years left on mega money at City and endorsements still rolling in. I don't blame him for that, he's a young boy with everything he could ever want.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The boy has an extremely important summer coming up. I don't begrudge anyone a beer but he needs to stay out of the limelight, focus on his football, and get back to being the player we know he can be.

I’m pretty sure he immediately went on the lash at Ocean Beach in Ibiza.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What’s that got to do with anything?

There’s always been rumours that his agent or dad leaked the £100m clause to the Man City journalist at the Athletic to jettison the deal. It wasn’t public knowledge before that. Not to mention how his dad became the PR voice to try and make to sound like Jack wasn’t trying to leave every summer also. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

There’s always been rumours that his agent or dad leaked the £100m clause to the Man City journalist at the Athletic to jettison the deal. It wasn’t public knowledge before that. Not to mention how his dad became the PR voice to try and make to sound like Jack wasn’t trying to leave every summer also. 

We were talking about Martinez

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Is it possible due to cloud hanging over Citeh that top players might actually hang fire on joining them?   Or are footballers just that incapable of forward thinking/planning.

Very possibly. 

But replace Man City and Ederson with Real Madrid and Courtois and it's the same outcome

On 03/06/2024 at 06:48, DJ_Villain said:

I hope this career ends the same way as Bests…

With every ounce of agony that liver failure grants him…

Deary me. I know this is meant as 'humour', but the seething bitterness fuelling it is very hard to credit at this stage. This is the sort of thing people wish on convicted murderers!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, birdman said:

I really don't understand what goes on in Southgates head. One moment it's all about his favourite trusted players regardless of form, the next, form is the most important thing. The really weird thing about dropping Jack is that under pep he's been playing exactly the kind of safe keep possession football that Gareth loves. He's actually the best at it by a country mile. So unless he's planning on being more attack minded the decision is truly baffling!

But he showed Southgate attacking football in the Bosnia game.

In the end, Grealish maybe a little off form, but he obviously still has it, I saw it against Bosnia. So Southgate has basically left out a 100 million pound player, which is him just trying to flex or basically just insane.

If he thinks he'll get more out of Gordon or Eze, I will tell you now, he's more of a shit manager than I thought.

3 hours ago, Recircle said:

Deary me. I know this is meant as 'humour', but the seething bitterness fuelling it is very hard to credit at this stage. This is the sort of thing people wish on convicted murderers!

It's not humour from him. He's utterly obsessed with Grealish and Man City

it's actually concerning

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

But he showed Southgate attacking football in the Bosnia game.

In the end, Grealish maybe a little off form, but he obviously still has it, I saw it against Bosnia. So Southgate has basically left out a 100 million pound player, which is him just trying to flex or basically just insane.

If he thinks he'll get more out of Gordon or Eze, I will tell you now, he's more of a shit manager than I thought.

Yeah agree we know what he can do. He's been misused by Southgate in the past so I suppose he doesn't have to worry himself with it now. We can only wait and see how the others stack up but like you can only imagine toil and trouble! I'll try and be positive for Ollie and Konsa.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Recircle said:

That's the crazy thing, it's not humour. He's dead serious. It's extremely bizarre. I bet there are 10 year olds who have gotten over Grealish leaving quicker and didn't take it nearly as hard.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Does selling Luiz mean we can buy Jack back? Just asking for Rob.

It means we can loan Januzaj

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

So it's unanimously agreed we're all up for bringing him home then?

We couldn't afford him even if we wanted him. He doesn't want to come back anyway. 

Totally non starter.

22 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We couldn't afford him even if we wanted him. He doesn't want to come back anyway. 

Totally non starter.

Plus we don't want him, so all good really!

He’s on holiday - sure it’s not a great look but he’s beyond caring about that and really doesn’t matter.

He’s only doing what tens of thousands of brits do on their summer hols. 

players aren’t due back for preseason for several weeks yet. 

If it were midseason it’d be a different matter. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â