The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Eze had about 6 good games when back from injury under Glasner.  Not played for England before probably won't get any minutes in Germany.

Jack has been there and done it and never let England down.

Random decision by Safegate let's see if he knows what he is doing!

17 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Eze had about 6 good games when back from injury under Glasner.  Not played for England before probably won't get any minutes in Germany.

Jack has been there and done it and never let England down.

Random decision by Safegate let's see if he knows what he is doing!

Other day was Eze 3rd cap and is in better form

17 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You shouldn't just pick players for an international tournament based on a 6 month purple patch 

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How's he in better form, he played for twice as long as Jack in the last England game and created nothing but a bit of excitement,  Jack had one assist and one assist of an assist in 20 minutes.

The facts are there to see if people want to see them....but people have an agenda against Jack, not sure why some villa fans would but they have, maybe a bit bitter......

Edited by tinker
  • Like 1

Yeah find it a bit of an odd one, he's probably the best England have at at keeping the ball, winning free kicks and playing in disciplined role in that position. He's become safer in his play at City but that can be exactly what you need sometimes internationally. 

His lack of goals counts against him for sure, but there's a glut of options to bring on to try and chase goal if we're behind. Think there's games where you want someone with Grealish traits rather than a Gordon/Bowen who don't keep the ball anywhere near as well

Not being regular for City also didn't help but tbf would any of Bowen, Eze, Gordon, Palmer start more if they were there? And Stones gets in with just as few games.

The most minutes he got at the last Euros was 68 against Czechia. Otherwise, other appearances totalled 37 minutes or under 30 minutes. Southgate wasn’t going to reverse that this time around. It was totally wrong to not use Jack more last time round. But I can understand the rationale for trying something different. Other players deserve their chance. 

Personally, I would have taken him as he has that ability to do something different to unlock a game.

But when you join the billionaires of Man City, you do so knowing full well that you run the risk of becoming a bit-part player in the wider machine, and with that comes the risk of damaging your international prospects. 

So on a personal note, he’s made his bed and now he can lie in it.

Posted (edited)

Im very surprised by his omission and it will probably end up being a mistake, but I’m one of those bitter football fans (I own up to it and don’t shy away from it) and I can’t help but have a little laugh about all this after he dived against us 😂 Plus also, when they thumped us this season and straight after he put up on Instagram what a great night it had been. He’s well and truly lost his claret and blue so oh well. 

Edited by CLARETANDBLUEFOXY
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

My prediction is someone gets injured and he gets recalled

He hinted it was a fitness issue and clearly favoured other players. If there’s an injury best play it and go with another right back 😜 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

My prediction is someone gets injured and he gets recalled

If he gets recalled it is going to take him a week to sober up. 

• Like 2

Â