The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Came on and changed the game, then he's dropped. If it's true its an absolute joke of a decision.  Eze and Palmer looked pretty but created nothing.

This should be his time but I.can see why Soithgate has left him out. Gordon was always going to go and Eze has been in great form and looked good for England on debut. 

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

As expected Southgate won't take him. Southgate doesn't rate jack, never has. 

He either doesn't rate him (could be because he has the most basic understanding of the game), or doesn't like him, or a combination of the two.

• Like 1

Bad decision. You want a player like him against the better sides, look at his performances against Madrid in the Champions League. Foden on the left then.

• Like 2

Just now, will87 said:

Bad decision. You want a player like him against the better sides, look at his performances against Madrid in the Champions League. Foden on the left then.

This is the point with Grealish really. You know he can come and be a nuisance against anyone. Does Gordon, Eze, Bowen coming on against the best defenders in Europe really inspire any confidence?

Fast forward to the semifinals, England under the cosh from France. Ball gets switched out to Gordon from Walker, he takes a bad touch then dribbles it out of touch. Quick throw-in and the pressure builds again, rinse repeat. England lose 2-1.

• Like 3

Think this is going to make Jack consider if staying at City is right for him.

He will be devastated if England go on to win the euros and he missed out. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

Fast forward to the semifinals, England under the cosh from France. Ball gets switched out to Gordon from Walker, he takes a bad touch then dribbles it out of touch. Quick throw-in and the pressure builds again, rinse repeat. England lose 2-1.

Was it the Germany fixture in the last Euros where Grealish came on and changed the game for us?

Not happening with Gordon or Bowen.

• Like 1

Just now, DaoDeMings said:

Was it the Germany fixture in the last Euros where Grealish came on and changed the game for us?

Not happening with Gordon or Bowen.

Yeah that was the one. Only solace is if Southgate plays Eze on the left. He can play that Grealish role.

• Like 1

Just now, PieFacE said:

When Grealish was a Villa player, most of us (i'm aware this is a bit of a generalisation) wanted him to be picked for England based on the fact that his form was much better than others who were getting picked. It's a bit unfair to not afford the same line of thinking to the likes of Gordon and Eze imo. 

Grealish just needs a move that will allow him to play more football, and play it in a way that makes him the exciting player he used to be. 

It is a fair point. But I think Grealish also has more talent and a higher ceiling than Gordon and Eze. Certainly Bowen and Toney, who are not on great form either.

Ultimately, as others have said, it's disappointing but not entirely shocking/undeserved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Or Gordon controls it cuts inside abd scores from 25 yards.  Why are we  bothered about Grealish. He's not our player and he's had a nothing season 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Or Gordon controls it cuts inside abd scores from 25 yards.  Why are we  bothered about Grealish. He's not our player and he's had a nothing season 

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

It's not about Grealish, I want this English team to win. Probably my favourite squad in the tournament.

7 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Think this is going to make Jack consider if staying at City is right for him.

He will be devastated if England go on to win the euros and he missed out. 

for sure he'll be devastated, but you're forgetting Safegate is the manager !!!!! 

• Like 1

That's a big call from Fraudgate. Can't say I agree in all honesty. Would have thought the way Jack plays these days is actually suited to Gareths cautious tactics. Quite shocked the more I think about it!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x

It's not about Grealish, I want this English team to win. Probably my favourite squad in the tournament.

Me too 

I think it's always been personal, he had to pick him after the £100m move, and now he's taken the opportunity to leave him out. Southgate and Grealish is just the wrong chemistry, so I think that probably is overall harsh on JG. 

• Like 3

Â