The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Tbh, he'll have a great time in Ibiza and probably won't give a shit.

Harsh. I think he's always seemed one of those players who's eager to be involved at international level just for the love of playing. That's not to say he won't be spending his summer in Ibiza however

Edited by DaoDeMings
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

A bit gutted for him as I still think of him fondly from his time here. Practically I think he's always played well for England and offers a better option than Eze, Bowen or Toney off the bench. But he's not been involved enough this season really, and Eze certainly deserves to be there on form.

Edited by DaoDeMings

Surprised by this but based on last season who does he deserve to go instead of ? Nobody really.

Injuries did him over. Jack needs to be fully fit and playing regularly to be at his best. He struggled with that last season.

• Like 1

Oof. Hope the penny drops for him now. You've got all your medals, go play some proper football while you still can. Bayern would be a good shout honestly.

• Like 1

Make no mistake he'll be devastated.  He has always emphasized how important the national team is to him.

Maybe he'll now realise how much he's wasted his talent being at that club and racking up hollow, meaningless trophies.

• Like 1

They'll be a lot of rubbing hands with glee about this but Jesus Christ, that's harsh. 

Fair enough he hasnt played a lot this season but he certainly brings something unique to the squad and could have played a massive part from the bench at least. Obviously from has to be taken into account but from a footballing point of view i think it's disappointing.

• Like 3

An awful decision. Anthony Gordon over him? Laughable.

Grealish won't look out of place VS the world's best - Gordon will.

A better manager would have taken him. Maddison I get, he's literally redundant. There's like 4 other players that does what he does at least as well. But Grealish brings something different, something that can be a useful tool to help with you know, winning the tournament?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Make no mistake he'll be devastated.  He has always emphasized how important the national team is to him.

Maybe he'll now realise how much he's wasted his talent being at that club and racking up hollow, meaningless trophies.

Wouldn't consider it a waste of talent if he leaves soonish and has a good few years elsewhere. He played a big part in their treble after all.

Just now, PieFacE said:

Gordon has had a brilliant season in fairness. Would have been harsh on him to be dropped for Grealish who's not really played all that much recently. 

He's not fit to lace Grealish's boots though tbh. Grealish can bring final third control against top sides.

Will be the same old Southgate this summer - first decent side we face we'll be gone. Could even bottle the group.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thought he showed glimpses the other night that he can be that "exciting" footballer to watch, as he was with us, so pretty shocked by this.

On last season's form though, he shouldn't have even been in the squad, so he can't have any complaints really.

Quite amusing though from a bitter Villa fans perspective . (Not that I am bitter😛 But not so much from an England fans perspective - I still think he offers us something completely different to the others in the squad (when told to just play).

Gordon, Bowen and Eze you can say all have an argument to be in there on merit.

Toney is the weird one for me. Why not take Grealish over him? He's only had half a season and a poor half a season at that.

You've got Kane Watkins for that position and then Gordon and Bowen if there's some sort of bizarre injury crisis.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DaoDeMings said:

Gordon, Bowen and Eze you can say all have an argument to be in there on merit.

Toney is the weird one for me. Why not take Grealish over him? He's only had half a season and a poor half a season at that.

You've got Kane Watkins for that position and then Gordon and Bowen if there's some sort of bizarre injury crisis.

Gordon and Bowen aren't quite top class for me. Grealish, when he's on it, certainly is. He could still have turned it on at this tourney and he brings control in the final third. Crazy decision.

• Like 3

Wharton going despite only playing 16 top flight games, he was at Blackburn the first half of this season.

Grealish was constantly told by waistcoat he needs to be playing in European matches despite flying for us. He moves to play these European games, has his flair coached out of him now doesn't go. Doesn't make much sense to me, despite him having a poor 2nd half to the season he's got experience and offers something different.

Fully aware these two are different positions, but he's going to be 5th choice CM, it's your attacking options that will win you these tournaments. Don't need 5 CBs either.

• Like 2

Â