The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, tinker said:

What baggage? He has nothing at all to worry about. Make no doubts about it Jack is villa through and through, yes he needed to leave to win something but he always said he wanted to come back. 

To say he wouldn't get in the team now is just wrong, he would easily get into our team.  Him on the left and Bailey on the right,  my god we would take some stopping.

I will go as far to say that if he joins one of our top 6 rivals. Newcastle,  Spurs , then he will push them into the top 4 maybe at our expense.

Yes totally agree. Last season at times we had difficulty keeping hold of the ball. He's one of the best in the world at doing that. I would love him to come back even if its on loan. Makes no difference that he left to go to Man City. Sid Cowans left to go to Italy and still came back at 29 and was brilliant and is a legend of the club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villatillidie95 said:

The fact he was with us since a kid essentially and playing with us in the championship, gaining promotion, surviving with us…I think both parties need to move on for their own sake…we are doing great without him and he has done fine without us too! 

i like this philosophy we have at the club, we are looking for players on the way up now…we don’t need to hark back and regress, neither does Jack…a club without such system based football would suit him very well, he needs to be unshackled again….wont get that here 

Yet we might be trying to sign Barkley…

Signing Jack wouldn’t be a regression, it would be one of the most expensive players in English football coming home. 

I assume by baggage people mean his dangerous driving convictions and excessive binge drinking. We don't need that kind of negative publicity.

Honestly, let the past be the past, it wouldn't reflect well on both parties to bring him back.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I assume by baggage people mean his dangerous driving convictions and excessive binge drinking. We don't need that kind of negative publicity.

Honestly, let the past be the past, it wouldn't reflect well on both parties to bring him back.

I think the importance of how it would 'reflect' on the club or Grealish is overblown. If he comes back and performs it's all forgotten within 2/3 games.

Don't think it will happen and it probably wouldn't be smart on our part given his wages, but he was one of the best in the world one year ago. He'd be brilliant back here.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Signing Jack wouldn’t be a regression, it would be one of the most expensive players in English football coming home. 

Better players than him have failed miserably on the return to the club that made them

I think that if we re-signed him he would be considered a flop for the price City paid. He can turn it around. But does he have the motivation? I think he's better off testing himself elsewhere

• Like 1

10 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

A deal would have include two things:

1. ManC taking a massive FFP loss.
  2. Grealish has to agree to a 50+% pay cut.

Don’t think the level of friendship is at that level, most likely the level is that they politely great each other when they meet.

Also would the current Grealish even make the starting 11?  The Grealish that left, would have been a guaranteed starter, but I don’t think that is the case today.

Yes because he's better than our current options there. We're stronger on the right than the left. Rogers has shown promise but still very raw, Ramsey is popular and obviously has lots of potential but hasn't got the guile or creativity of Grealish, and Buendia is a poor man's version of him and has been out for a year so we don't know if he'll even be at previous levels. 

If we are going to bring him back it has to be this summer. 28 now, will be 29 in September. We could still get possibly three good seasons out of him ad he'll make the 2026 World Cup if he captures anything like his previous form for us. But financially it is a very difficult deal to do, especially with our PSR situation, although this should be better come 1st July.

20 hours ago, The_Steve said:

He could be wanting a more harmonious dressing room. No matter how good Jack is, his off the field stuff will always hang over him. Ask the average person and you’ll probably get responses about his drunken celebrations than his contributions for City. Even for us, his stupidity and idiotic driving offences overshadowed his abilities. 

Jack for me, has a personality and that possibly involves, enjoying other peoples company, a bit more than some.He is also a compassionate soul to folk less fortunate than others,......He is not a dour, quite, keep myself to myself, character....( not saying that's bad, personalities is what makes us what we are)...but he is, what he is.

I guess, that involves liking a drink......many top footballers did, and still do......I have no info on his private life, only what I read, and I take the mainstream press with a pinch of salt these days....just sensationalists, with their own narrative.

It seems few other players, get hung out for their motoring Offences.....when Duran, Hendrie are just a few, to mention.

Jack is no longer our player, so who cares, but, in my opinion, his game in the creative sense, has gone backwards.....but he is still one of the best at holding the ball up......I think Southgate, has made a boo boo, but that's just my opinion.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I do not want him at Villa. No doubt I will get hate for this but that's how I feel. 

Admitted he sulked for ages when his move to Spurs fell through . Couldn't wait to leave. And his off the field antics also were a black mark against him.

Honestly think he wouldn't get in our first eleven and is on a downward trajectory in his career. It would be terrible business. We have moved on.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 4

Why is this even being considered.

1 - Don't see them selling him 

2 - Even if they did we can't afford what they would want for him.

3 - In his head we are probably not at his level now.

44 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

1 - He’s a bit part player

2 - Loan

3 - He plays for City, there isn’t another club in England on their level. Anywhere he goes will be a step down. Why not his boyhood club who are now in the CL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I do not want him at Villa. No doubt I will get hate for this but that's how I feel. 

Admitted he sulked for ages when his move to Spurs fell through . Couldn't wait to leave. And his off the field antics also were a black mark against him.

Honestly think he wouldn't get in our first eleven and is on a downward trajectory in his career. It would be terrible business. We have moved on.

oh , I think he would.....but we are not in a financial position, to be interested.

Anyway, UE has his vision, to what we should look like....lets leave it to him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, duke313 said:

1 - He’s a bit part player

2 - Loan

3 - He plays for City, there isn’t another club in England on their level. Anywhere he goes will be a step down. Why not his boyhood club who are now in the CL

Exactly and given our clear ties or ‘friendship’ with City, I’m positive a deal could be struck. 

If I’m Grealish and I can go on loan to Villa whilst still being paid the same wage, I’m doing it 11 times out of 10. CL football with your boyhood club and a chance to actually be the player he is capable of being. No brainer. 

It will be loan deal at best. No way we can afford him. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Leeroy said:

He should have been picked over Bowen who just isn't international standard. 

Bowen who's got 22 goal involvements in the PL this season? And just what has been 'international standard' about Grealish in the past couple of years? Pep's coaching and injuries have turned him into a very limited player who rarely takes an opponent on and does little other than pass the ball backwards. 

14 minutes ago, tinker said:

A good player gives the coach what they ask for and Pep's got what he wants from Jack. Southgate, I'm guessing just says go out and play on the left and Jack thrives with that freedom as he's shown for England when he's given a chance, like the last game where he had 2 goal involvements, the first one was a world class pass, if Foden had played it,.or trent, saka, they would have been crowned world champions at that very point. Even the players see Jack's worth, hence the knock on Southgate's door when he was dropped.

I'm not sure why im spending time trying to convince posters Jack's quality, it's there for us all to see if we want to see it..

I dont hate Jack, I don't love him. Life's bigger than getting wound up and holding a grudge against a player that left us for huge sums of money, after making a big contribution to saving the club from oblivion.

Maybe he loves villa, maybe he doesn't, again, I don't really care.

But you're right that he has a natural ability that seems to be unique in the team. It's funny that what makes him not great at Man City, is what makes him really good for Southgate's England. 

He can't be put in a system and perform like a Foden. But he can be put on a pitch and given free reign and produce regular moments of magic. A Steven Gerrard wetdream if you will.  And seemingly Southgate shares Gerrards lack of management skills.

It's weird that he's dropped him now. He's gone his whole England career extolling the virtues of experience, stability, and ridiculing short termism and "recency bias". Then finally the time comes after Jack has done everything Southgate asked him to do when he wasn't picking him,  and he's dropped him to pick a player that's been in form for half a season and has virtually no experience in either the England setup or in a top-half team.

I'm not saying Eze doesn't deserve to go. He does. Just like Jack did when he was performing well for us in the lower reaches of the PL.  The fact he would have taken Maguire but for injury just screams that he has a personal issue with Jack.

Jack will enjoy his summer getting pissed up and I'm convinced his off field antics will cut shirt his career.  But he should have been selected. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It's the international break. There's **** all else to talk about, and everybody is so over Jack Grealish even though they can't stop talking about Jack Grealish.

Â