The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

26 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Does anyone know if he's even on the standby list?

I'm presuming not as Quansah is, and he's on the bench tonight as is James Trafford.

Jack is probably already in Mykonos/Ibiza. 

Him, Maddison and Chilwell probably got some nightclubs to hit up now 

5 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Where ever he goes he will have the bit between his teeth to prove himself, I do genuinely hope it is with us. 

Or he slumps like many do when dropping down the ladder

5 hours ago, Jareth said:

With recent noise about Sawiris and the Citeh owners being on friendly terms, the you can see the possibility of a deal being structured to suit both parties. Obvs the odds are probably bullsheeet. 

Weren't so friendly when stealing Grealish under Purslow nose

8 hours ago, Jareth said:

With recent noise about Sawiris and the Citeh owners being on friendly terms, the you can see the possibility of a deal being structured to suit both parties. Obvs the odds are probably bullsheeet. 

A deal would have include two things:

1. ManC taking a massive FFP loss.
  2. Grealish has to agree to a 50+% pay cut.

Don’t think the level of friendship is at that level, most likely the level is that they politely great each other when they meet.

Also would the current Grealish even make the starting 11?  The Grealish that left, would have been a guaranteed starter, but I don’t think that is the case today.

51 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Don’t think the level of friendship is at that level, most likely the level is that they politely great each other when they meet.

Also would the current Grealish even make the starting 11?  The Grealish that left, would have been a guaranteed starter, but I don’t think that is the case today.

Until Ramsey recovers he'd defintely start on our left side over anyone else we have fit. 

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Weren't so friendly when stealing Grealish under Purslow nose

By "stealing" you mean paying the £100,000,000, mutually agreed, release clause?

6 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

Yeah I was thinking a loan - and given that England snub we might just see a matured grealish who has something to play for - or he’ll just sit in city’s bench and resort to type getting wasted. 

Honestly it looks so small time in our part going back in for grealish…good player but we have moved on and don’t need him now, it will disturb the dynamic of the team as he will expect to play every game, it would be better for him to go elsewhere he can have a fresh start and that way won’t be disappointed/feel entitled to play every game as that can’t (and won’t under Emery) happen here….just my thoughts, a good player who can make an impact but I feel like with emi and Ramsey coming back and Morgan playing well we don’t need him

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Honestly it looks so small time in our part going back in for grealish…good player but we have moved on and don’t need him now, it will disturb the dynamic of the team as he will expect to play every game, it would be better for him to go elsewhere he can have a fresh start and that way won’t be disappointed/feel entitled to play every game as that can’t (and won’t under Emery) happen here….just my thoughts, a good player who can make an impact but I feel like with emi and Ramsey coming back and Morgan playing well we don’t need him

Why would he expect to start every game here, but not elsewhere?

18 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Why would he expect to start every game here, but not elsewhere?

Due to his history with the club and the role he played last time, I just feel that it wouldn’t be wise….he needs a fresh start I feel, too much baggage here 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Due to his history with the club and the role he played last time, I just feel that it wouldn’t be wise….he needs a fresh start I feel, too much baggage here 

What baggage? He has nothing at all to worry about. Make no doubts about it Jack is villa through and through, yes he needed to leave to win something but he always said he wanted to come back. 

To say he wouldn't get in the team now is just wrong, he would easily get into our team.  Him on the left and Bailey on the right,  my god we would take some stopping.

I will go as far to say that if he joins one of our top 6 rivals. Newcastle,  Spurs , then he will push them into the top 4 maybe at our expense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Is there actually anythiing to suggest we're trying to get Grealish back, Sawiris and Manchester City owners being on friendly terms doesn't make it any more likely, all the owners in the league are probably on friendly terms, that whole thing has been blown out of proportion by the media, the betting odds don't mean anything either, again that's probably just a result of people reading too much into the aforementioned because of not looking past the clickbait headline

He would most likely be a good signing, he isn't finished just because of one injury hit season, and contrary to what some say, I think he could probably go on being a very good player for a good number of years more, because he was never reliant on pace, and has so much more to his game than typical wingers, as he gets into his thirties, he can convert into being a ball playing central midfielder, many Manchester City fans believe that's the plan for him there

I would gladly take him back, but also wouldn't be disappointed if we didn't, in this era we gone have good players and a good team either way

Also if he was to come back I don't think it's a simple as saying he's better than Ramsey so he can take his place in the team, Ramsey is a wide midfielder, you can't just replace him with an out and out attacker like many seem to think, or you can but it unbalances the team, if Ramsey was replaced by Grealish, then you would have to play McGinn on the right, which would displace Bailey; with everyone fit in Emery system we don't play with two out and out wingers, it's not an old fashioned 442, we play with at least one wide midfielder, often two - Ramsey and McGinn.

With everyone fit, I think Grealish would actually be more likely to play as a No.10 in our system, rather than on the left, and that's where he's comfortably better than anyone else we have, given our best player for that role currently is probably Buendia

31 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

What baggage?

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

What baggage?

The fact he was with us since a kid essentially and playing with us in the championship, gaining promotion, surviving with us…I think both parties need to move on for their own sake…we are doing great without him and he has done fine without us too! 

i like this philosophy we have at the club, we are looking for players on the way up now…we don’t need to hark back and regress, neither does Jack…a club without such system based football would suit him very well, he needs to be unshackled again….wont get that here 

• Like 1

Not that I think it will happen, but if Grealish career is not heading in the direction he thought it would, and he’s looking to move somewhere and play some football to get back to his best. Unai Emery is literally the perfect manager to do that under.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not that I think it will happen, but if Grealish career is not heading in the direction he thought it would, and he’s looking to move somewhere and play some football to get back to his best. Unai Emery is literally the perfect manager to do that under.

If I was him I'd look to move away from England and our media, where he's only seen as jack the lad. If he went to Italy or Germany and used it as a fresh start I think he would get back to his best 

Â