The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It was Eze over Grealish imo and you can't argue with that.

Eze is probably in a similar position to Jack with us in summer 2021. Interested how long he stays at Palace and if there's a buyout clause in his deal.

I think Palace could well be dark horses for a European spot next season. They ended strongly, as we all know.

Grealish has had an inconsistent season, and I don't think  Southgate has ever been a massive fan. If he was one of his true favourites he may have stayed in the 26.

• Like 1

Attacking player who don't score goals.

No point having him in the squad for knockout football.

To complete the story, England will go on to win the competition. With a successful squad, Southgate’s successor doesn’t look at Jack.

Jack’s antics off the pitch make the front page again. He makes a handful of appearances next season, with rumours swirling around that Citeh are offering him as a makeweight in a deal to buy Eze.

Eventually, jack is sold as one of Pep’s final acts as Citeh manager: he ends up at Chelsea.

Move to Stanford Bridge doesn’t work out. Bright lights of London are the last thing Jack needs. Jack goes on loan to struggling Fulham (Chelsea are paying his wages), finds some of his form but is often injured. 34 and running out of options, Jack goes to the MLS because he ‘has always loved America’.

Jack retires. 

This thread reaches 5000 pages. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

To complete the story, England will go on to win the competition. With a successful squad, Southgate’s successor doesn’t look at Jack.

Jack’s antics off the pitch make the front page again. He makes a handful of appearances next season, with rumours swirling around that Citeh are offering him as a makeweight in a deal to buy Eze.

Eventually, jack is sold as one of Pep’s final acts as Citeh manager: he ends up at Chelsea.

Move to Stanford Bridge doesn’t work out. Bright lights of London are the last thing Jack needs. Jack goes on loan to struggling Fulham (Chelsea are paying his wages), finds some of his form but is often injured. 34 and running out of options, Jack goes to the MLS because he ‘has always loved America’.

Jack retires. 

This thread reaches 5000 pages. 

Stopped reading there 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My stance is softening a bit on getting him back, but I don't want Man City Robo-Jack, I want 'wtf is he gonna do next' Jack. I love the idea of old Villa jack being coached by Emery. Unstoppable. Whether we would see that is another matter. 

Plus I don't think I'll ever hold him in the esteem that I did, due to his departure. There will subconsciously be a bit of a bad taste no matter what.

Jacks move to City was a financial and a trophy winning success for him.....but from a footballing perspective he has failed.

Having said that, I think Southgate has made a mistake.

To compare Jack with Eze is comparing apples with pears, they have different attributes.....Eze will do well to go on mazy runs against top level international defenders.

Jacks game is more measured, his weight of pass is sublime and his hold up play, second to none. I think Harry Kane, would prefer Jack to be in the squad, that's just my take.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Jacks move to City was a financial and a trophy winning success for him.....but from a footballing perspective he has failed.

Having said that, I think Southgate has made a mistake.

To compare Jack with Eze is comparing apples with pears, they have different attributes.....Eze will do well to go on mazy runs against top level international defenders.

Jacks game is more measured, his weight of pass is sublime and his hold up play, second to none. I think Harry Kane, would prefer Jack to be in the squad, that's just my take.

A fair assessment, I think he adds something different.  Eze and Gordon are quite similar, and may not be as effective as they are at club level.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 07/06/2024 at 11:22, The Fun Factory said:

I think Palace could well be dark horses for a European spot next season. They ended strongly, as we all know.

Grealish has had an inconsistent season, and I don't think  Southgate has ever been a massive fan. If he was one of his true favourites he may have stayed in the 26.

Palace ended strongly, granted.....but being a cynic, all when the better teams, were knackered, from so many games....not to mention decimated with injuries....but I think Southgate has been influenced, by their end of season form.

Grealish is playing for one of the best teams in the world, so to get left out, is no shame.....also he clearly lifted the mood of a England team, short on ideas, when he came on.

Edited by TRO

He could be wanting a more harmonious dressing room. No matter how good Jack is, his off the field stuff will always hang over him. Ask the average person and you’ll probably get responses about his drunken celebrations than his contributions for City. Even for us, his stupidity and idiotic driving offences overshadowed his abilities. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Villa are 2-1 favourites for re signing Jack, something is happening.

Where ever he goes he will have the bit between his teeth to prove himself, I do genuinely hope it is with us. 

With recent noise about Sawiris and the Citeh owners being on friendly terms, the you can see the possibility of a deal being structured to suit both parties. Obvs the odds are probably bullsheeet. 

55 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Where ever he goes he will have the bit between his teeth to prove himself, I do genuinely hope it is with us. 

I agree,  quality player, if he comes home I would greet him with open arms. Think he would push us to another level as well, it really would be a game changer.  UTV.

17 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Yes, he will have no regrets personally about how it has unfolded- trophies and money.

I think this conundrum will go down in Villa folklore. Nobody else will care or understand it. But the player we had on our hands for that brief time was genuinely, and without hyperbole, the kind of singular talent worth the price of a season ticket alone, with the kind of generational influence on a team that statues were literally made for. What happened next between Pep and Southgate is a travesty to football.

• Like 3

Does anyone know if he's even on the standby list?

I'm presuming not as Quansah is, and he's on the bench tonight as is James Trafford.

Jack is probably already in Mykonos/Ibiza. 

14 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Does anyone know if he's even on the standby list?

I'm presuming not as Quansah is, and he's on the bench tonight as is James Trafford.

Jack is probably already in Mykonos/Ibiza. 

Not sure it matters. If a forward gets injured he's not calling up Qansah to replace him. 

Â