The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

15 hours ago, 479Villan said:

His position is literally the last one on the field for which we need upgrades.

How about a starting DM / someone who can challenge Kamara who isn't back at full power until the new year? A new RB? A new LB after shedding Digne's wages?

It's a valid point, if we sold Ramsey perhaps it happens but as it stands we have Rogers, Ramsey, Buendia who all mainly play off that side. Diaby has also played there.

We currently have no real option behind Pau, Luiz and Kamara. RB feels like an issue, but Cash, Konsa and Nedeljkovic might cover it.

• Like 1

Regardless of what our thoughts are on him coming back, how would the media and fans of other clubs view the move?

If he was to rejoin us in this window (which isn't going to happen) I am pretty sure that his stock would plummet massively, yes we are a club on the up but the narrative would be "Grealish returns to Aston Villa after failing to live up to Peps expectations" and "Aston Villa re-sign £100m flop"

Personally I wouldn't want him back at any point, I don't have anything against him I just always think of the old "never go back" saying, he's a different player now and we are a different club, let him go to Spurs or Newcastle.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Regardless of what our thoughts are on him coming back, how would the media and fans of other clubs view the move?

If he was to rejoin us in this window (which isn't going to happen) I am pretty sure that his stock would plummet massively, yes we are a club on the up but the narrative would be "Grealish returns to Aston Villa after failing to live up to Peps expectations" and "Aston Villa re-sign £100m flop"

Personally I wouldn't want him back at any point, I don't have anything against him I just always think of the old "never go back" saying, he's a different player now and we are a different club, let him go to Spurs or Newcastle.

Are you saying he'd lose his boo hoo man sponsorship?

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Is he even as popular now? His stock has dropped. He’s just another cog in the machinery. I don’t think shirt sales would be a convincing factor either. 

In Tesco today they had Grealish England shirts pride of place, so three years ago. 

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Is he even as popular now? His stock has dropped. He’s just another cog in the machinery. I don’t think shirt sales would be a convincing factor either. 

Genuinely don't know, not sure if he is and we just aren't paying attention or he's really not, city bought haaland and arguably need him even less than they did before, I'm in turkey, the kids are all wearing fake city shirts with Haaland 9 on the back (and there's a lot of them too, easily the biggest PL club, I'd say it's whoever Ronaldo plays for, Miami, Madrid, Barca, city as the top 5 with them a lot of genuine looking Dortmund fans here)

Interested to see if puma do anything around him pre euros as they've paid him so much money yet seemingly don't advertise with him, Adidas launched their summer advert today for the euros and the Copa featuring wirtz, pedri and Bellingham (who even looks like he's getting his own Adidas range which would be mad) 

3 years ago from memory he was on the sports direct and COD adverts, now he's sponsored by Gucci and puma but he's not broken through still, he's got the money but not got his face out there, not his sober one anyway 

Unless of course he gets a mayo advert this summer...

18 hours ago, 479Villan said:

Given how we’ve struggled on the left hand side for the last 12 months I couldn’t disagree with this more

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Genuinely don't know, not sure if he is and we just aren't paying attention or he's really not, city bought haaland and arguably need him even less than they did before, I'm in turkey, the kids are all wearing fake city shirts with Haaland 9 on the back (and there's a lot of them too, easily the biggest PL club, I'd say it's whoever Ronaldo plays for, Miami, Madrid, Barca, city as the top 5 with them a lot of genuine looking Dortmund fans here)

Interested to see if puma do anything around him pre euros as they've paid him so much money yet seemingly don't advertise with him, Adidas launched their summer advert today for the euros and the Copa featuring wirtz, pedri and Bellingham (who even looks like he's getting his own Adidas range which would be mad) 

3 years ago from memory he was on the sports direct and COD adverts, now he's sponsored by Gucci and puma but he's not broken through still, he's got the money but not got his face out there, not his sober one anyway 

Unless of course he gets a mayo advert this summer...

Got your Villa shirt on 🤞

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Got your Villa shirt on 🤞

Nah...castore done it for me, got no interest in them, I've spent a long time looking at the away shirt but in the end I didn't bother, last villa shirt I bought was the last kappa home one, got the Luke 3rd shirt somewhere 

Saw a thing on Facebook earlier taking the piss out of grown men wearing football shirts on holiday but I'm genuinely disappointed villas new Adidas shirt is about a week away from being on sale, I'd be repping by the pool like no man's business 

• Like 1

On 01/06/2024 at 08:57, sidcow said:

What about if the manager didn't instruct him to run forwards then pass it sideways/back? 

See I used to think it was Pep, but whenever Doku gets on he spends his entire time on the pitch trying to beat his man for either a shot or cross.  Why would Jack and Doku have completely different instructions. Maybe Jack has just lost that fire. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Given how we’ve struggled on the left hand side for the last 12 months I couldn’t disagree with this more

During those 12 months you were watching us struggle on the left going forward, do you recall players named Ramsey or Rogers over there? Or do you recall teams slicing through our midfield after about the first 10 minutes on attack?

Or are you thinking that Grealish’s 40M move and astronomical wages would be great for converting him to LB? Maybe convert him to a 6 to free Doug back up?

It would be a luxury buy of nonsensical proportions. People so busy wanting to live the tale of the Prodigal Son they ignore the real gap areas. Baffling. 

Edited by 479Villan
I no spell gud
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

During those 12 months you were watching us struggle on the left going forward, do you recall players named Ramsey or Rogers over there? Or do you recall teams slicing through our midfield after about the first 10 minutes on attack?

Or are you thinking that Grealish’s 40M move and astronomical wages would be great for converting him to LB? Maybe convert him to a 6 to free Doug back up?

It would be a luxury buy of nonsensical proportions. People so busy wanting to live the tale of the Prodigal Son they ignore the real gap areas. Baffling. 

I remember us not having a solid option on the left all season. Ramsey was dog shit when he wasn’t injured, Zaniolo was shit, Tielemans didn’t work out there. Roger’s eventually plugged the gap but even he seems like he’s destined to play more centrally

Having Grealish last season would have been amazing

20 hours ago, 479Villan said:

How about a starting DM / someone who can challenge Kamara who isn't back at full power until the new year? A new RB? A new LB after shedding Digne's wages?

We would have said the same about signing Torres last summer. Worked out alright thought.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

We would have said the same about signing Torres last summer. Worked out alright thought.

Who considered Pau a signing at a position we had plenty of depth? So much depth there that losing Ty, and just Ty, meant we had to go get Lenglet ASAP to make the numbers?

That’s not depth man. 

• Like 1

Just three goals and assist from 20 league games is a terrible return. I’m not sure that version of Grealish improves us greatly. He’s only managed 11 league assists since joining them. Goal returns are about the same. The previous season he managed 5 goals and 7 assists. For the money, his production on the pitch just doesn’t cut it. Especially when he’s admitted multiple times he needs to improve those stats. There’s better options out there for less. 

28 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Just three goals and assist from 20 league games is a terrible return. I’m not sure that version of Grealish improves us greatly. He’s only managed 11 league assists since joining them. Goal returns are about the same. The previous season he managed 5 goals and 7 assists. For the money, his production on the pitch just doesn’t cut it. Especially when he’s admitted multiple times he needs to improve those stats. There’s better options out there for less. 

If we were linked with Mudryk or Antony people be fuming but Grealish brings a bizarre nostalgia factor since he wanted to leave multiple times and was happy to dive against us(Ashley Young dive a lot different, he never claimed to be a fan)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If we were linked with Mudryk or Antony people be fuming but Grealish brings a bizarre nostalgia factor since he wanted to leave multiple times and was happy to dive against us(Ashley Young dive a lot different, he never claimed to be a fan)

He's obviously slightly better than those 2 though

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's obviously slightly better than those 2 though

He was better than them 2. We have no current evidence that he is currently better

It's just an updated Tammy dream that he is the same player we had

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 479Villan said:

Who considered Pau a signing at a position we had plenty of depth? So much depth there that losing Ty, and just Ty, meant we had to go get Lenglet ASAP to make the numbers?

That’s not depth man. 

Have a look at the first page of the Pau Torres topic. Multiple people said this, on the first page. So I would imagine many more after that page said it as well.

Either way, I'd love Jack back. He'd be brilliant in this team. 

I highly doubt it will happen though.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â