The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Martinez yes but I meant outfield players. 

Pau possibly. The rest is fantasy I’m afraid 

I disagree. Konsa at his best is a bettee defender than stones.

Kovacic wouldnt get in our midfield. He is so over rated and the weak link of their midfield.  Luiz gets in that midfield in top form. Of we are basing it on recent form then i would agree as luiz was pretty bad towards the end of the season

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yep.

To summarise he's gone there and won everything. All that he dreamed of (3 league titles, CL, FA cup) which he wouldn't have won here.

However he's now even more of a marginal figure in the squad than he was in his first season. He's also not even progressed to becoming a regular England player in that time which will be a blow to the ego given the hype he was building up in the 2021 Euros.

He needs to be thinking what he wants from the next five years of his career. If he doesn't then Man. City will make the decision for him.

He's won the league, and all it cost was his career.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Kovacic wouldnt get in our midfield. He is so over rated and the weak link of their midfield.  Luiz gets in that midfield in top form. Of we are basing it on recent form then i would agree as luiz was pretty bad towards the end of the season

This basically sums up why people think Grealish wouldn’t get in our team. They have massively inflated opinions of how good players are. 

I love Konsa and Luiz but the above is fantasy

Edited by Stevo985

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This basically sums up why people think Grealish wouldn’t get in our team. They have massively inflated opinions of how good players are. 

I love Konsa and Luiz but the above is fantasy

But its not fantasy is it? Both are international players. Both played in the game against city at villa park that played them off the park where we won. I think you are massively under rating them both nad over rated kovacic and stones.

Its not fantasy its an opinion whoxh i think is a fair and unrealistic one. Luiz on top form is one of the best midfielders in the league and konsa is up there with the best British cbs in pl. His provisional call up to the england squad proves that.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

But its not fantasy is it? Both are international players. Both played in the game against city at villa park that played them off the park where we won. I think you are massively under rating them both nad over rated kovacic and stones.

Its not fantasy its an opinion whoxh i think is a fair and unrealistic one. Luiz on top form is one of the best midfielders in the league and konsa is up there with the best British cbs in pl. His provisional call up to the england squad proves that.

Konsa at best being on the bench while stones starts every game this summer would then disprove it 😜

Probably also worth noting that kovacic is not first choice for city, he's also 30 years old played for Madrid, Chelsea and city, has 100 caps for Croatia, had 5 European trophies to his name and has won every cup going apart from the world cup final which he lost...of course he gets in our team

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Kovacic is a weird one in fairness. He's played for some of the biggest clubs in the world but I've also seen him unable to cope with Ethan Ampadu and Jordan James. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Stones hasn't really been playing much in last two months so it's more is Konsa good enough to get in ahead of any of Walker, Akanji, Dias, Ake....

I actually think Pep would be all over someone like Pau given his ability to play from the back. However his lack of pace and their high line would be an issue.

They'd take Watkins over Alvarez though as the Haaland alternative.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Konsa at best being on the bench while stones starts every game this summer would then disprove it 😜

Probably also worth noting that kovacic is not first choice for city, he's also 30 years old played for Madrid, Chelsea and city, has 100 caps for Croatia, had 5 European trophies to his name and has won every cup going apart from the world cup final which he lost...of course he gets in our team

Yeah but remember who english manager is 🤪 

Im only mentioning kovacic because the original point was about the starting 11 of citys yesterday which he started. Rather have luiz any day and mcginn over that cm player. Obviously im not gonna say ahead of rodri KDB or any of their other cms as they are all far superior than our midfielders. 

20 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Just out of interest, how much would Man City need to get back not to ‘make a loss’. £40m?

Id have him back. In a heartbeat. 

£50m I think. £100m on a 6 year deal with 3 years left. I could see Chelsea buying him.

4 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

He's not the brightest is he? Lucky for him he is a bloody good footballer.   

(still don't want him back at Villa)

• Like 1

Be such a shame to not sign him again if he was available, be horrible to see him go to another rival. 

Get him license to be the player we know he can be, winning all those set pieces like he used to, with our set piece ability now it could be a pretty handy signing 

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Lenglet has played 100 times for Barcelona. 

I don't think the man city midfield is as good as it was so Luiz wouid have a chance of getting in it but wouldn't be a regular. You can point to games against opposition but its over the whole season that matters. 

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Konsa and Luiz are not better than Stones and Kovacic. Our results against them doesn’t change that at all. 

You're entitled to your opinion but on this occasion that opinion is fantasy

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Konsa and Luiz are not better than Stones and Kovacic. Our results against them doesn’t change that at all. 

If they aren't, there's not much in it to be honest. I'd say our players have had the better season at least.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Ok let's change the narrative - if we take kovacic and stones add them to our team instead of konsa and luiz are we better or worse?

Id say we are worse. Konsa and luiz dont have players world class around them like dias KDB rodri foden haaland.  Yet they are still excellent premier league players.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â