The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

He'll have been at city 3 years in the summer, half way into a 6 year contract.

His book value is 50m. City won't be accepting less.

If they are to get that off any club, it definitely won't be ours. Grealish ship has sailed, and I think an injury prone twilight of his career lies ahead. No way i want Villa paying a premium wage to him,  for him to sit in the physio room for over half of his contract.  Our supposedly limited funds are better spent elsewhere.

didnt we pay around £50m for Diaby?. Think id rather have Jack for that money tbh but I may be biased as JG still remains one of my favourite ever players

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Just his whole personality. I don't think his off the field antics are too extreme nowadays but I imagine Pep isn't best pleased with his philosophy on life.

Quite enjoying the mental image of Jack and Pep arguing over Cartesian dualism

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

90% of clubs can’t afford his wages and probably fees. He’s stuck there tbh. Probably at best going to get a loan deal. 

Players change wages. No, 90% of top clubs can't afford 300k. But many could afford 200k. And he'd most likely sacrifice some money to play regularly. 

There are places for Grealish, the question is does he still have that youthful flair that made him great! 

Just now, Mic09 said:

Players change wages. No, 90% of top clubs can't afford 300k. But many could afford 200k. And he'd most likely sacrifice some money to play regularly. 

There are places for Grealish, the question is does he still have that youthful flair that made him great! 

He might but his agent and his Dad probably wouldnt sacrifice it

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

didnt we pay around £50m for Diaby?. Think id rather have Jack for that money tbh but I may be biased as JG still remains one of my favourite ever players

Only by the time his addons kick in,  and I very much doubt they have at this stage. I think we started at 33m.

Also, Diaby is 24 with his best years ahead of him,  and seems to be in bad form (having shown he is more than capable earlier in the season).

Grealish will be 29, with his best years behind him and a lifestyle that suggests his flame will burn out rather than explode to life in his 30s. Grealish that left us...100% I'd take him over Diaby.  The one that is 3 years older and seemingly no wiser.... nope.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

You do have to wonder what Unai could get out of him.....

I'm imagining the expression on Jack's face as he sits through a detailed 90 minute tactical presentation....

• Haha 2

The ship that sailed. There is no guarantee he has the hunger any more.  He can come back here on a £1 a season contract and show his love with £100 mill in his skyrocket ala Perisic

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Only by the time his addons kick in,  and I very much doubt they have at this stage. I think we started at 33m.

Also, Diaby is 24 with his best years ahead of him,  and seems to be in bad form (having shown he is more than capable earlier in the season).

Grealish will be 29, with his best years behind him and a lifestyle that suggests his flame will burn out rather than explode to life in his 30s. Grealish that left us...100% I'd take him over Diaby.  The one that is 3 years older and seemingly no wiser.... nope.

Thank you. We got the best years out of Jack and should be thankful for it. No need to go back. Plus, can't see Jack doing the hard work that Unai requires of all his field players. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I'm imagining the expression on Jack's face as he sits through a detailed 90 minute tactical presentation....

A footballing encyclopaedia... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I think the guy is thick as mince, but I would imagine if he understands one thing very well it's football tactics. 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â