The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

But surely an elite 100m player should produce results no matter where he is asked to play. How come Sterling and Jesus managed it when asked to play all over the place ?

He just isn’t good enough for them. Needs to be at a midtable club that’s pushing for top 6.

but how is he being asked to play? because from what ive seen its drive at defenders to push the line back before playing a 5 yard pass to a team mate in space, that is his role at city

sterling and jesus were asked to get in behind (kw) which again if pep asked grealish to do that isnt what he is good at, he was poor at that for villa - if you listed his top 5 attributes at villa how many of those 5 would you say man city utilise? because his top 2 which were carrying the ball in to the opponents penalty area and creating chances in open play they're both in the bin - and that is what makes him a bizarre signing, its not a case of not good enough its a case of using what makes him good

they bought our best player in 25 years and one of the most exciting players in the league for £100m player to create space for their left back just because they can and that is what is sad about it all, its a shit reflection on the PL, the national team and what modern football is

• Like 4

I really thought he'd be a massive star and success there. 

For the money, he's been a complete flop. He's not trusted to play big games and has contributed nothing.

Yes he's rich and will have a few medals but in 10 years time will any Man City fan care about him?

It's starting to feel like it's not going to work there. 

1 hour ago, AvonVillain said:

And yet he'll end up with all kinds of silverware,  and it'll be the most 'successful' part of his career.

Imagine picking up £200-300k per week, playing footy and winning trophies, not getting much game time and nobody really expecting you to do anything any more of note and it’s not really a big deal.  He’s literally set the bar so low now at Man City of what they expect from him it’s crazy yet earns over £1 million per month for doing it.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Remember when he was dominating games for us and Southgate said he needed to do more. Now he doesn't need to do anything.

I like Grealish and I think all things being equal he needs to be in the squad for the WC, but I thought exactly the same thing. What an absolute disgrace this selection is after the garbage we had to deal with about form from Southgate about form.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Foden is a system player and would probably struggle in a different style. Not seen him do anything impressive for England 

Really? IMO Foden is one of very few who looks good wherever he plays, because of his stellar technique.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

I do think he should still be in the squad for the World Cup, even in Southgate’s dull system he can be a bit more Jack, it’s just a question of whether he can shake loose when called upon or not. I’d like to think you give him a bit more freedom and he shows what made him so wanted in the first place.

Edited by a m ole

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Remember when he was dominating games for us and Southgate said he needed to do more. Now he doesn't need to do anything.

I wonder if Southgate has lied to himself so much that he believes the shit he comes out with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

Grealish in the England team despite being absolute crap for City, couldn't make it up. 🤣 He could take a dump on the pitch and they'd select him, he plays for City after all. 

To be fair the is a few like that. Harry maguire hasn’t played in a month at Utd because the new boss has realised very quickly he is at best very average yet not getting a game for your club is less important than being at a big club in Southgate eyes. Just look at jack, Phillips, maguire and shaw all players that have hardly kicked a ball this season because managers don’t think they are good enough yet the England manager had more or less given them all a ticket to the most elite completion in the world.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â