The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I had a bizarre dream I started chatting to him while he was playing for City but taking a corner for us. He told me how badly he wanted Villa to get an equaliser and also how he wants to come back and regrets leaving. 

We became friends and hugged.

Did you wake up and have to change the sheets? 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

It worked out well for Zaha going back to palace, I would take him in a heartbeat.

So would I. A lot of fans wished him well. No bad blood from me. I just don’t think he’s as good as everyone though. Doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a superb player for us. 

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So would I. A lot of fans wished him well. No bad blood from me. I just don’t think he’s as good as everyone though. Doesn’t mean he wouldn’t be a superb player for us. 

I dont think Gerrard wold take him back, he seems to prefer more disciplined and wouldnt let him near the freedom Smith gave him

Maybe January with a new manager :P 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think Gerrard wold take him back, he seems to prefer more disciplined and wouldnt let him near the freedom Smith gave him

Maybe January with a new manager :P 

Which is a good thing as we all saw what happens when you completely rely on one player for everything and then that player gets injured. 

Smiths record without Jack was shocking.

• Like 1

I do think that inevitably he will come back during his career.

But I also think that he has peaked already.

City will never get the Grealish that we had for two reasons.

1.)  The football system will not allow him to be that type of player.

2.) He does not have the same feeling playing for City that he does playing for Villa.

This guy had to play with the likes of Nakamba, Trezeguet and Samatta and people still begrudged him a move to a Premier League winning team under one of the greatest managers ever while we are stuck languishing under Stevie G. Get over it fellas.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AV82 said:

This guy had to play with the likes of Nakamba, Trezeguet and Samatta and people still begrudged him a move to a Premier League winning team under one of the greatest managers ever while we are stuck languishing under Stevie G. Get over it fellas.

Nope.

The truth: He signed a new contract, told us all he believed in the project and wanted to be here (this comes after 3 seasons of flirting with different clubs who were not Man City), only to request a release fee - which City then found out about, and he continued sitting on the fence whilst arranging and planning the move away from the club he had arranged and plotted moves away from for the past few years whilst playing into his 'identity' to make as much money as he could as the home grown kid who loves the club.

Edited by Dodgyknees

Yeah your opinion of him seems to be based on whether or not you believed the "my club" PR bullshit, or even saw that bullshit or cared... 

Personally I didn't and don't 

Given up on footballer and even manager interviews, it's all guff that means nothing 

Too many bought in to it and can't let it go

Edit FWIW delph was the end of it for me, after what he did I don't care for anything footballers have to say 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah your opinion of him seems to be based on whether or not you believed the "my club" PR bullshit, or even saw that bullshit or cared... 

Personally I didn't and don't 

Given up on footballer and even manager interviews, it's all guff that means nothing 

Too many bought in to it and can't let it go

Totally, I don’t care anymore - but Grealish played the club, the fans and so much more. He was basically the husband telling his wife he loves her whilst swiping right on Tinder.

Fans have every right to be aggrieved. He has every right to move to Man City or Liverpool etc, but the way he did it was cheap and offensive to our club and fans.

And the way he did it damaged the club. Like I said he was flirting for a long time and then backing out (Spurs, Man United, I think even Chelsea) and just kept us all hanging on - for 3 consecutive seasons. Interviews in the months before about wanting to be like Totti, about the club being his life and soul and we know that at this time his agent was talking to Man City. The way he was playing both in public and behind the scenes rocked Villa and affected our club massively. Go sign for another club, but don’t use the leverage with fans to build hype, keeping the club waiting - whilst we need answers quickly. 

He was moments away from moving to United the season before too. It was what he did every summer. “What can I get elsewhere” whilst telling the world he loves us. 

Edited by Dodgyknees

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â