The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Jackie "The Bench" Grealish 

I don’t care if he is happy to treble his wages and win medals… being sat on the bench as much as he has been (compared to other Man City players) this season must feel slightly mortifying for him, specially being a £100m man.

He's actually played more minutes than Mahrez, and hasn't played much less than the likes of Foden and De Bruyne, I think they've played around 200 minutes more than him so not much more than two more games worth. So it's not as if he's hardly playing relative to their other top players.

1 minute ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Well he's 100% not world class this season.

His performances haven't been no, but in the right situation or whatever you want to call it, he'd still be capable of world class performances.

48 minutes ago, useless said:

He's actually played more minutes than Mahrez, and hasn't played much less than the likes of Foden and De Bruyne, I think they've played around 200 minutes more than him so not much more than two more games worth. So it's not as if he's hardly playing relative to their other top players.

He gets all his minutes against lower PL teams or when the game is already won

its a short career - he won’t get this time back sitting around on the bench

Peps reluctance to trust him will also put an England starting spot back

Sad

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

He gets all his minutes against lower PL teams or when the game is already won

its a short career - he won’t get this time back sitting around on the bench

Sad

So what? No way is he regretting the move. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

We know thats not true 

Why wasn't grealish picked for England when he was at villa? Because Southgate preferred the "experience" of top 4 subs

19 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

So what? No way is he regretting the move. 

It’s interesting. On the one hand, I’m sure he’s happier just being involved in these types of nights which he was miles from at villa. But on the other, the longer this goes and the further down the pecking order he moves you’ve got to imagine that his England career will suffer.

pThis time last year there was a genuine debate around whether grealish should be starting over players like foden, Sterling and mount- now you’d be mad to pick him since those three get so much more playing time in the big occasions.

so the trade off will start to be his club career vs his England career I suspect. If he carries on with this big part role I. The city squad then he should be dropped from England’s squad. Of course he could have squared the is circle if he’d moved to a different top club. If he was at spurs or utd he’d be starting every week 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JPJCB said:

This time last year there was a genuine debate around whether grealish should be starting over players like foden, Sterling and mount- now you’d be mad to pick him since those three get so much more playing time in the big occasions.

Without dissing anyone, from the Villa side, were the debates " genuine ", or based around extreme fan boy syndrome.

I'll never forget the extreme meltdowns when he wasn't starting, or was subbed. To the levels of none sensical vitriol against Southgate and poor Mason Mount for no valid reason. lol

In all honesty, I've always thought the likes of Foden were more effective and would eventually become a better player.

Jack is indeed a very good player, but his playing style suits a team where he can do what he wants with the ball.

As an actual all round team player... i'm not so sure.

He will improve though I reckon with these experiences.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â