The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

12 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Anyone who thinks he won't celebrate scoring against us is absolutely deluded

This is it!

Unfortunately, people have seen his comments on the conversation with Gabby and Carew, listened to his propaganda about how he is born and bred Villa and have completely fallen for it…

He’s already sold us down the river once… If beating us means getting a little bit more for himself, he will roll in it like a pig in proverbial

3 hours ago, pas5898 said:

Nail on head.

I think that's what really triggers a lot of our fans, me included.

He is the same player he's been for a few years, but because he didn't play for a "Sky 6" team there was absolutely no recognition. This obviously even goes as high as Gareth Southgate.

Now he's joined City, he a "guaranteed starter" for England when you listen to SkySports and TalkSport pundits. Last year (when he was the same player) he's fighting with Foden, Rashford, Sterling etc. He didn't exactly dominate in the summer, so what's changed? Oh he's joined a Sky 6 team.

He was a wonderful, generational, special player before, but weirdly you need to play for a Sky 6 team to be understood as such.

Was times around March/April people were saying Lingard was better 😂😂😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

If he reads some of the posts on this thread then i wouldnt blame him. 

FWIW i think some of the haters would be hoping he pisses on the Holte End just to hate him more

• Like 1

I'm still a bit more disappointed that Grealish has moved on from this club than I would like to admit, mostly because I simply like to spend some time each week watching the man play football. I also feel like he could have been like Michael Jordan became for the Chicago Bulls, but not to be. I remember being lambasted for suggesting Grealish would reach the heights of your David Silva's and Coutinho's, and it's quite apparent he will more than likely surpass the latter in influence if he hasn't already.

Anyway, I wish the young man nothing but the best. Even if he has made comment in private that Villa lacked ambition and that we wouldn't see Europe, I think that may well just be him deflecting the negative energy he feels from his decision to move, and an attempt to justify it, but the less I indulge speculative and inconsequential hearsay, the better.

All the best, Jack. The skies the limit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

he wants to keep up the charade of being a villa fan so of course he won't celebrate. hence why he's replying to gabby's tweets and throwing a tantrum because a villa fan journo wrote an opinion piece reflecting how some of the fanbase feel

behind the scenes i'll be amazed if he's watched one of our games this season (that doesn't clash with a city game, obv)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'm still a bit more disappointed that Grealish has moved on from this club than I would like to admit, mostly because I simply like to spend some time each week watching the man play football. I also feel like he could have been like Michael Jordan became for the Chicago Bulls, but not to be. I remember being lambasted for suggesting Grealish would reach the heights of your David Silva's and Coutinho's, and it's quite apparent he will more than likely surpass the latter in influence if he hasn't already.

Anyway, I wish the young man nothing but the best. Even if he has made comment in private that Villa lacked ambition and that we wouldn't see Europe, I think that may well just be him deflecting the negative energy he feels from his decision to move, and an attempt to justify it, but the less I indulge speculative and inconsequential hearsay, the better.

All the best, Jack. The skies the limit.

To be fair its only human nature to want to justify a decision but Villa owners certainly don't lack ambition. It's whether we can back that up with action and result over the next couple of years. Hopefully we can maintain the upward trajectory. Thats good enough for me for the time being. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think if he scores agaisnt us any celebration will be a bit muted personally. Most players show respect in this way when scoring against former clubs and Jack will be no different. Willing to back this up with a charity bet as well! 

55 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Tammy Abraham didn't celebrate against us. Hell, Wes Hoolahan didn't either and he didn't even sign for us! Being deluded is thinking the boyhood Villa fan would celebrate against his old club because reasons.

He should celebrate if he scores against us.

I find the whole not celebrating thing **** bizarre.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Yeah it's weird, but it seems entrenched in football culture. I think the likelihood of him celebrating is pretty low. If he didn't play for us that would be a different story. Like I remember Joe Lolley celebrating pretty hard, and that was a guy who had 40k posts on here.

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah it's weird, but it seems entrenched in football culture. I think the likelihood of him celebrating is pretty low. If he didn't play for us that would be a different story. Like I remember Joe Lolley celebrating pretty hard, and that was a guy who had 40k posts on here.

Yeah, but like I’ve said earlier in this thread, scoring a goal at VP is something Joe probably never thought he’d do in a million years. It must have been an absolutely incredible feeling. 

I’d be very surprised if Jack celebrated scoring a goal against us.

[trigger warning]The silly haired little party boy was obviously bored scoring in a venue  that was so woefully beneath his standards anyway, why would he even care enough to celebrate?[/trigger warning]  

image.png.30956a18d80a4e80a4a41567bfba19eb.png

Edited by El Zen
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Tammy Abraham didn't celebrate against us. Hell, Wes Hoolahan didn't either and he didn't even sign for us! Being deluded is thinking the boyhood Villa fan would celebrate against his old club because reasons.

Suppose it depends if he does it with City 3 or 4 up it will not go down well. Winning goal its understandable

39 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sure. And Villa fans should give him absolute pelters if he does. 

Expecting anything else is holding Villa fans to an absolutely absurd standard. Every other fanbase in world would do exactly the same under similar circumstances.

Edited by El Zen
  • Like 1

I hope Jack enjoys his Champions League adventure. I've derived an enormous amount of pleasure from being a fan of his for many years, and I'm not going to rubbish him just because he's moved onwards and upwards.

He paid his way with the service he gave us and he's left us with a parting gift of 100 million pounds.

I'd like to ask those of us who are calling him names and having a go at him what they think about the Edens/Sawiris project, buying in the best young prospects and developing them into very expensive assets in the future?

Are we going to call them names as well when they become good enough to attract the very best clubs?

• Like 1

Â