The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

19 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Also, hurt former fan personal attack here, but he looks like he has aged about fifteen years since his debut goal for us: that lifestyle will catch up to him eventually.  

Boy turning into a man that’s all 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Exactly that

Its a pose that he'll attach to his brand and try and get kids up and down the country imitating on the playground

Its not aimed at me a 37 year old villa fan in a hope that I take offence to him 

We have a few that are starting to sound like jilted lovers 

It’s exactly this. Villa is a distant memory to him. He’s not trying to shaft us or anything. He’s just building his brand for his young target audience. 

• Like 2

Just now, Spoony said:

It’s exactly this. Villa is a distant memory to him. He’s not trying to shaft us or anything. He’s just building his brand for his young target audience. 

yep some people are making it worse in their own head that its a vendetta

Btw if you don’t get the whole ‘Grealish brand’ argument yet, just search his name on Twitter. All posts are of that celebration with various filters, young fans posting it everywhere, then other photos of him pointing at whatever player it was who he was hugging, and then everything else (about 25% I’d say) is about his arse and calves from female and gay followers.

His focus is his brand and tbh him and his team is smashing that aspect. I can’t help but keep an eye on what’s going on with him. That’ll pass with time but for now it’s kind of fascinating to see. If you weren’t sure what modern football is to the modern football fan, it’s this. 

• Haha 1

The whole brand thing is kind of disappointing because he used to give off the narrative that he just loved to play football and specifically for Villa and everything else was just noise. Really, it was us who were naive for falling for what was probably a clever bit of branding in itself ironically :D

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The whole brand thing is kind of disappointing because he used to give off the narrative that he just loved to play football and specifically for Villa and everything else was just noise. Really, it was us who were naive for falling for what was probably a clever bit of branding in itself ironically :D

Yeah, agree with all of this. I’m actually not one of his haters, hope he gets a good reception on his return etc. However,  you are totally spot on with your post and because people outside the club don’t get the narrative that we have been perpetually fed for the last few years, they don’t understand why Villa fans have taken it so badly. 

Anyway, I’m cross with myself for commenting again,  I was delighted to see that the thread was almost inactive for a day or so before yesterday. 

• Like 1

My opinion of Jack Grealish the player will never change, he is phenomenal.

As a person, him being a Villa player put it to the back of my mind, but I have never been a fan of him as a person. There were some old videos of the U21 lads hanging out a few years back and he came across as a complete bell. The type to take the piss out of others, the obnoxious, hyperactive, irritating type.

Now he's **** off, and let's face it, him/his family have been angling for a move for a long time, I can switch to literally not giving two shits about him.

Edited by Tom13

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

That is his brand, being a squad player at city won’t help him it’s a miscalculation in my view plus it’s all done via a team so it’s not natural and once you know it’s fake you just don’t buy it

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

My opinion of Jack Grealish the player will never change, he is phenomenal.

As a person, him being a Villa player put it to the back of my mind, but I have never been a fan of him as a person. There were some old videos of the U21 lads hanging out a few years back and he came across as a complete bell. The type to take the piss out of others, the obnoxious, hyperactive, irritating type.

Now he's **** off, and let's face it, him/his family have been angling for a move for a long time, I can switch to literally not giving two shits about him.

Think from 18 he’s been the main man locally  and nobody is going to tell him no, not even DS because he was the star. Wrong that is, it creates monsters, he would party and he would stick his dick in anything down here,  he’ll get honey trapped up there Gifyi siggurdson style it’s a horrible city

6 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

That is his brand, being a squad player at city won’t help him it’s a miscalculation in my view plus it’s all done via a team so it’s not natural and once you know it’s fake you just don’t buy it

Think from 18 he’s been the main man locally  and nobody is going to tell him no, not even DS because he was the star. Wrong that is, it creates monsters, he would party and he would stick his dick in anything down here,  he’ll get honey trapped up there Gifyi siggurdson style it’s a horrible city

Warm Apple Pie GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

it's interesting that all of a sudden this girlfriend that he's had since school (barring a few month break) has suddenly become known to the public. it goes in line with this brand etc that you speak of because being in a couple is probably better for the brand.

but he's already been caught on a dating site. he's just not bright enough to stay out of trouble. difference is not being one of their own his new fanbase won't have his back like we did

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

The mystique of my club brought in a lot of neutrals and fans from others clubs. Not wanting similar things to happen to their best players, seeing how Southgate could ignore such a big talent. All that Totti talk and hype was just smoke. At least he’s the face of BoohooMan now though. I’m sure that matters more. 

• Like 1

This thread is getting pretty embarrassing. Literally somebody saying his family should be banned. I knew it would be bad so haven't really been in since he left, but it's been a few weeks now... Grow up

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, tomav84 said:

but he's already been caught on a dating site. he's just not bright enough to stay out of trouble. difference is not being one of their own his new fanbase won't have his back like we did

You best believe they will. Looking through twitter they're further up his ass than we were 😂  

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â